aaa My new track! Looking for feedback etc - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             20-Aug-10  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

Dj-Gio

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey people, this is one of my recent projects. Please listen to it and be very critical about it; I am looking for tips, ideas, and anything that could help me to improve. I have taken very into acount what all of you have said in my last post ( helped me a lot   

This was an atempt to include some latin beats anbd stuff ha ha. 

Tell me what you think!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             26-Aug-10  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

k

Link?: Link

yeah i quite like it. It's mellow, more like a crossover style, a bit of house in there, rather than straight out'n'out trance. The mix is well balanced too.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             26-Aug-10  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

Dj-Gio

Great man! But have you any suggestions? Ha ha, thanks again!

Message 4/7             26-Aug-10  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

k

not really, it is what it is. I wouldn't start fiddling with it. Some people do that but imo it's not sensible. a track is what it is, sometimes it can be improved, other times it cannot, and to try and do so is sometimes a waste of time.

i'll have another listen later, maybe there is some improvements.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             27-Aug-10  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

Dj-Gio

Ok man, thank you for your help. I am fixing up a D'n'B track at the moment. I will upload it soon. I think you right, sometimes it is just better to leave it the way it is and just do better the next time. Still any tips for the next thing you know... would be great! cheers

Message 6/7             28-Aug-10  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

k

welll if i was going to get really picky.... i very much like the softness of the kickdrum when it appears, i wouldn't change that, but i'm not so keen on the fuzzy/fizzy snare which come in playing that offbeat hit - i might work on that snare to get the body out of it or just change the sample.

Perhaps more emphasis on latin drums in the rhythm. It could go into a breakdown section where the drums feature with some cool drum work

The piano break might be louder as well, with some nice cross-rhythm delay on it to make it trail away nicely with each note (use compression & some eq to bring it out of the mix just that tad extra)

stuff like that, essentialy the overall mix is fine to my ears tho down at the bottom end

Message 7/7             30-Aug-10  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: My new track! Looking for feedback etc

Dj-Gio

Well, very good advice! Please tell me more about the cross-rhythm delay thing. I Don't really know what you mean by that.

I like your ideas about the Latin drum stuff. I should play around with that and see what I can think up. 

How would I "bring out the mix" more? I will see if I can be more dynamic my the frequency range and I would make the whole thing higher pitched (if that is the term)... 

As for the compression, I have the threshold at -7 db and a 2:1 ratio. I have found that too much more starts to like "saturate" the song or something. Ha ha, sorry if I sound totally noob here. Thanks for your tips! 

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)