aaa like i had sex for the first time in years... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: like i had sex for the first time in years...

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             01-Oct-10  @  10:46 PM     Edit: 02-Oct-10  |  01:24 AM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

that's what it felt like uploading a track to dancetech after so many years. don't get too excited though. :P this is not the trance track that's almost finished. this is under 3 minutes in length. here's what i did:

i needed a break from the trance track i'm writing. i remember the first track i uploaded to dancetech. i no longer have that track in any shape or form except in my head. i no longer have the roland xp-80 from which i used the organ program called "Space Organ" or something like that. i decided i would try to recreate that sound from memory and rewrite the track. this is not exactly the same sound but it is damn near close from what i recall from years ago. i created this using the Dimension Pro synthesizer that came bundled with Sonar. i added a slight delay to one of the wavetables which the roland pad did not do.  

the drums sucked in the original but i liked the chill feel and simplicity of the song. i didn't know the magic of 808 drums back then. i will develop this track and finish it but, not that anyone would remember it even if they were around 10 years ago, this is already sounding a world of difference. enjoy.

oh...and i named the song "Full Circle" as it was the first track i posted and now...it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.  

http://www.7161.com/css_track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=19871&user=229&1

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             02-Oct-10  @  01:20 AM     Edit: 02-Oct-10  |  01:25 AM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

jeez. it's a good thing i came back to double-check the link i had posted above. it led to someone else's track. I fixed it. I don't have any idea how that happened. Link works now. 

Message 3/19             02-Oct-10  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

k

dude no it doesnt, lol - when u go to add your post (or edit it) follow the instructions cos your tracks are all in a 'link-list' you simple choose the track title and it puts the link it - read the instructions - of course u can do it manualy too, but this way is easy

btw that link fails cos of the '&1' at the end

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/19             02-Oct-10  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

k

also remember, we only have to click on your avatar to open your profile and all your tracks ;)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/19             02-Oct-10  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

k wrote:

also remember, we only have to click on your avatar to open your profile and all your tracks ;)
Yeah but that would be easy.  :P   *sigh*

Message 6/19             03-Oct-10  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

k

nice organ! (that what she said! drrrr tish!) very ambient... so far....

hey btw u should totaly refix your homepage in 7161 admin. it's an old template. I'd be interested to know if it updates ok (i backed up your old homepage dir just in case)

Message 7/19             03-Oct-10  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

thanks k. i'll check my 7161 homepage at some point today.

Message 8/19             04-Oct-10  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

I think I updated my page, at least if it happens automatically after I followed the messages saying I was using an old template and "click here" to update. I started to change the color scheme.

I received a review comment on my Trancelator track. I see I have the option to "add a review" and I wanted to respond to the comment, just saying thanks, but is that the way to do it? Seems like I would also be rating my own track along with the comment. 

Message 9/19             04-Oct-10  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

NastyM

Link?:  No link

i just did the same Mr Sitar seems i gave myself 5 stars - not really bothered though just glad for the comments - suppose i could review my track later and really slag it off !!!!!

Message 10/19             04-Oct-10  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

NastyM wrote:

i just did the same Mr Sitar seems i gave myself 5 stars - not really bothered though just glad for the comments - suppose i could review my track later and really slag it off !!!!!

I just did the same too lol. Oh well. 

Message 11/19             04-Oct-10  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

NastyM

Sitar you should upload youre revised track - id love to hear it.
I wouldnt be concerned about hoggin top spot - if anyone is concerned they can bump you back down later.
If a track is altered then obviously you feel its for the better and therefore worth a listen.

With regard to the length (8 bars trimmed off) i often feel this is the hardest thing of all to do. I quite often listen to the same loop over and over again - sometimes 8bras fot 10minutes or more slowly soaking up ythe rhythm and trying to determine how to progress - quite often a iscrap them but what the hell while i'm listening and lost in the loop life is good.

With other peoples music i'm afraid i dont have the same patience with all i listen to - (unless something particularly reaches out to me) thats why i try my best to be savage with the cutting knife later on in a tracks development. I try to discard as much fat as possible.

On a similar note i found 1 track (a musician from Prague) who unfortunately defeated me with just the length of his track - I would have gladly listened to it but unfortunately my limited life span prevented it - HIS TRACK WEIGHED IN AT 4 HOURS 38 MINUTES AND 8 SECONDS. my only thought after 3 mins of listening was Bacon - after 4mins 32 secs i appologized and dropped out. 

Message 12/19             04-Oct-10  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

I'l probably upload it again later. I've already MP3'd it but I want to give myself another shot at putting something on top of the vocals. I've already toned down the blippy arp. I'd thrown that in at the last second and realized later it was too loud. 

I did have a lot of other things going on in this track. I had an entirely different intro ahead of the intro now. I wanted to make the track at least 6-7 minutes long. Once it got past that I realized I could dump that intro. I'll use it for another track.

4 hour track. Wow. Wagnerian dance music. 

Message 13/19             06-Oct-10  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

Mortimer

Back in the saddle Sitar. Sounds interesting.

Go ahead... Upload the track again, it shows at the top so listeners know its been updated.

Perfect track length is about 3 minutes, methinks. Although I'm thinking about radio air time more than club time.

Message 14/19             06-Oct-10  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

Thanks Mortimer. I did upload it again. It's now down to 6 minutes and change. it was originally over 8. Tonight I have an idea that will probably bring it down closer to 5. If it works I'll upload it again.

My main concern with this track was that I learned how to make the kick and bass come through. After I did this it dawned on me how many ideas I'd thrown away in the past because I couldn't get them to work without drowning out the kick. Now I can work on refining mixes and also not have to toss out ideas for that reason anyway. 

Message 15/19             06-Oct-10  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

I reloaded the track. Actually it doesn't jump to the top if I use the edit function to reload it. It's 5:35 now and I let Vanessa do a little vocal harmonizing.  :P

Message 16/19             07-Oct-10  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

I do have one important question to anyone who listened to the track. atm I'm making tracks/mixing on a gaming headset. I sent the track to a friend and she said the bass made everything on her desk shake. She doesn't normally listen to club music though. I don't care at this point about the song but are the bass and kick within a reasonable realm of volume? On my headset they sound good. They could be brought up or down a tinge but they are pretty good. Is that the way it's coming through to you?

Message 17/19             07-Oct-10  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

NastyM

Sounds fine to me - but let me just say i've only listened to it through headphones at home and on pc speakers at work, so i might not be the best judge (also secretly im not too keen on dance music and therefore not over familiar with what should be acceptable level wise.)

Ps listened to the track again last night and still couldnt get with the vocals to the end of the track, however it just goes to show if i show a little less impatience all can be resolved - relistened again today (complete with harmonies) and by the hell youve nailed it.- sounds sweet. whats more i like your vision in understanding that when you had the harmonies the whole dynamic changes - hats off! 

Message 18/19             07-Oct-10  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

I really appreciate the input. Cool about the voices. Vanessa came through. 

I bought real headphones this morning and the mix suddenly sounded way too bassy so I've remixed it. I took the bass out of the drum bus so it's not pumping everything and I realized it was killing the kick. Still groping in the dark but I'm learning and that's a good thing.  

Message 19/19             07-Oct-10  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: like i had sex for the first time in years...

sitar

Uploaded it again. *sigh* You don't have to listen to it though. Took the reverb off the epic lead. Probably have to put it back on. Sounding dry. 

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)