aaa question about speaking voices - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: question about speaking voices

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             21-Oct-10  @  11:34 PM     Edit: 21-Oct-10  |  11:36 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

From time to time I've heard tracks in which a voice or multiple voices say things. I'm not talking about the voices of people in the band or the composer's voice. I'm talking about sound bites and not the royalty free waves that are suitable for House or Drum & Bass like "Oh baby". I'm talking about theatrical voices. Orbital often used voices that made me think they were pulled from movies. "Welcome to the show. It's going to be a big show. Step right up and see the man swallow the sword. Right down the hatch without a scratch", in a circus barker's voice. 

My question has to do with legality. There are websites that offer free downloads in wave and mp3 format of movie quotes. I've not yet found a quote I would use which is another issue but is it even legal to use quotes from a movie? I'm guessing the answer is no.  

Nasty, if you read this, you used a line of words in one of your recent songs. Could you shed light on this? 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             22-Oct-10  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

k

hmm.. coud be film in public domain? could be radio shows remember

did u try the bfi?

http://www.bfi.org.uk/nationalarchive/access/

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             22-Oct-10  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

sitar

oh cool. whether or not i find any sound bytes, that link looks well worth exploring just for itself. i love british film to begin with. thanks k!

Message 4/10             22-Oct-10  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

sitar

jeez there's a lot to fish through. you have to register and be part of a library or school to view a lot of it. it's a good starting point though. 

Message 5/10             23-Oct-10  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

k

if u use an audio capture from your pc soundcard output, u can the capture audio  from clips of old films on youtube. there must be tons

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             23-Oct-10  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

sitar

i can do that. great idea. 

Message 7/10             02-Nov-10  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

Maarten

Yup, Youtube is a treasure to my sampling game... love crawling through documentaries and old interview recordings etc.

Message 8/10             02-Nov-10  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

Maarten

By the way, personnaly I like reconstructing voice samples, chopping / FX.. often it's no longer recognizable.. Also, imo my music hardly gets enough attention for someone to take notice AND legal action...

Message 9/10             02-Nov-10  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

Maarten

(No unauthorized copywrite material in the tracks uploaded to 7161 though, cross my heart)

Message 10/10             05-Nov-10  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: question about speaking voices

k

crook! criminal! thief!! you should be hung drawn and quartered and we lock up your family!!

no wait... this isnt gearslutz! lol

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot