aaa Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             20-Dec-10  @  11:58 PM     Edit: 21-Dec-10  |  12:00 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

as requested - including all tips, remapping controllers, turning off faders, customising LED displays, using 2-units, etc etc.

This is in HD on youtube, dunno if it takes time to get different playback quality selections on the plylist embed.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             04-Jan-11  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pr

LordArchway

Link?:  No link

These tutorials are just what the doctor ordered for Logic users like me--superbly done! I followed your set up guide for Logic and everything works perfectly except for I only get the bars showing which tracks are active on the BCF in my Arrange Window, not in the Mixer window (which is the one you really need them in, of course!). How do I get them showing in Mixer view too?
(I also get a wierd thing where where I move banks sometimes too, that the bars don't move even though the new banks are activated, maybe this is connected? I have to tap the banks to the right then come back to the left, if you're with me!).

Am I correct in thinking that I don't need to download any drivers or firmware updates for a mac? I'm on Express 8, by the way, on an iMac ppc.
Thanks for any help..and thanks again for the tutorials. 

Message 3/26             04-Jan-11  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

well that tapping uissue could be a graphic bug. You see in the tutorials there is the graphic bug in logic pro 9 causing the underline to not cover the master mixer-strip

as for the other thing - line not showing under mixer channles - i dunno if thats just how it is in Logic express, sorry. did you check the mixer preferences?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/26             04-Jan-11  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pr

LordArchway

Thanks for such a fast reply! No didn't look at mixer prefs, I'll check that out.

I think, looking at the manuals, that Express and Pro are very similar where control surfaces are concerned--in both manuals for control surfaces it uses exactly the same text for the descriptions, for instance. That was my initial thought "Oh they've disarmed the mixer on LE" but I think that would be a bit small-minded of Apple!

Message 5/26             04-Jan-11  @  06:10 PM     Edit: 05-Jan-11  |  12:54 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

macaudiosolutions

Hi,

first of all I wanted to congratulate with the BCF2000 video tutorial author. It's a really great tutorial!!!

Now, I need some help...

I have a BCF2000 and I followed the video tutorial. But I have some problems.

I use a iMac 2.6 Ghz with mac OS X 10.6.2 and Logic Pro 9.1.1 and the BCF2000 firmware is 1.10

I connect the BCF2000 via USB with the power off. Then I open Logic and I switch on the BCF2000 holding the 3rd top bottom to the left until the display show first "LC" and then "EG". Then I set up the knobs as in the video tutorial, (u-1, auto, id, 100, 10)…. Then I press the exit button and nothing happen….the BCF2000 display shows 'LC" and in Logic the control setup doesn't pop up as I see in the video tutorial. Any led on the BCF2000 is off but the knobs and when I move the faders after 1 sec they go all the way to the bottom by themselves. I repeated a million times this procedure without any luck. 

So I tried to configure manually the Logic Control in Logic Control Setup. I added a Mackie Logic Control then I have assigned midi Out e In to BCF2000 and tried to reboot the BCF2000, even holding the 3rd button and checking the setting again (u-1, auto, id, 100, 10). After I repeated a lot of times this procedure all of the sudden the BCF2000 worked properly and I don't really know how, as I never changed a thing. So the BCF2000 was working fine as in the video tutorial, showing on the display the Fader/Pan Mode, EQ Mode, Plugin Mode, Send Mode, the faders worked fine and linked with the Logic Mixer, and everything seems ok……..Then I quit Logic and I switched off the BCF2000. But as soon as I restarted Logic and switched on the BCF2000 here we go again….it didn't work!!! 

So I tried and tried again with any luck... BUT, as before, all of the sudden the BCF2000 worked properly... BUT as before, as soon as I restarted Logic and BCF2000 nothing worked anymore….So in the end it worked twice after i tried a million times the installing process!!!

I am really going crazy!!!

Could be something wrong with the BCF2000 or is there something I don't do properly?

To help to understand my problem I loaded a short video here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DljKo-W-myU 

It shows the configuration process and my problem at the end of it Wink 

Hope it can help Wink

Could you help me please 

Message 6/26             05-Jan-11  @  12:20 AM     Edit: 05-Jan-11  |  12:22 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

macaudiosolutions

To help to understand my problem I loaded a short video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DljKo-W-myU

It shows the configuration process and my problem at the end of it ;)

Hope it can help ;) thanx ;)

Message 7/26             05-Jan-11  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

hmm. odd.

i'd up the firmware for starters just to be sure. I'm certain i remember something about that update being very important from 5 years ago.. best have version 1.7 which i think was the last one - one of my units is version 1.6, the other is version 1.7. both work fine, individualy and together.

secondly - check your midi devices in OSX applications/utilities - see if you have multiple BCF2000 units listed there - delete any BCF2000 units that exist and start again from scratch i would suggest

i've had weird problems before which turned out to be because there was multiple BCF2000 units in OSX applications/utilities

try all that first i reckon

Message 8/26             05-Jan-11  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

macaudiosolutions

k wrote:

hmm. odd.

id up the firmware for starters just to be sure. Im certain i remember something about that update being very important from 5 years ago.. best have version 1.7 which i think was the last one - one of my units is version 1.6, the other is version 1.7. both work fine, individualy and together.

secondly - check your midi devices in OSX applications/utilities - see if you have multiple BCF2000 units listed there - delete any BCF2000 units that exist and start again from scratch i would suggest

ive had weird problems before which turned out to be because there was multiple BCF2000 units in OSX applications/utilities

Thank you for your reply ;)

My unit has firmware 1.10 which is the last update on the Behringer webiste (you can see it on the video when I switch on the unit).

As you suggested, I've checked in Audio/Midi setup and I have just one BCF2000...

I tried to post my problem in a Logic User Forum and I meet a person with had my same problem and nightmare, and it seems he solved the problem by chance!!!

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=66164

I don't know what to think....I only hope it's something wrong with my unit and bring it back to my dealer and try with another one...

In case it pop in your mind some other trick please let me know...

thank you again ;)))

Message 9/26             05-Jan-11  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

LordArchway

Hi, I had a spate of this problem when I was trying to get LXview or whatever the software is called that gives you a little display window for the bcf, like on a proper Mackie control. I gave up on the software in the end because it made the bcf do as you describe--but when I reset the control setup to its default the fader moves went away. So try this: make sure Channel Strip View MOde is set to All, Fader Bank for Tracks view is set to 0 and Fader Bank for ALl VIew is also 0. Mine works fine since I did this. Good luck!

Meanwhile, I can't get the track control bars to show in my mix window. Looked at all the view options as suggested but to no avail. Maybe it's an Express thing and you only get the Mixer bars in Pro???   

Message 10/26             06-Jan-11  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pr

LordArchway

However...I have discovered a sort of solution to my non-showing bars issue. I've discovered that I can click on the channel strips in Mixer view to tab up and down the banks on the bcf, ie rather than using the up and down buttons on the bcf. The bcf follows Logic so if I click on track 9, the bcf jumps to tracks 9-16 and because track 9 is highlighted in Logic I know where the bcf is...so sort of a workaround, and actually better because when you move to work on a new channel the bcf follows you automatically!

But, one issue---on your tutorials when you're in Eq channel view the eq gui windows open automatically when you select a new track. This doesn't happen with me, I have to open the new eq window manually. Is there a setting in the Logic Control Setup I need to tweak to get it to do this?

Also, is there a way in EQ mixer view, to set the pot to EQ bypass rather than just a band bypass (eg low cut) as you do in your tutorial? So I can switch a track's whole eq on and off in Mixer view? 

Thanks! 

Message 11/26             06-Jan-11  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

oh yes, the BCF follows Logic's track/channel selection a treat; as you say, including bank-stepping (that doesnt happen in cubase, or didnt back with SX).

maybe the underline thing is only for Logic Pro version? but as you say, the LED helps you know which channel is selected

Message 12/26             06-Jan-11  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

LordArchway

I think it's a 9 vs 8 issue actually, the Exp 9 manual mentions the bars in the mix window but 8 doesn't.

Any thoughts on my other question about the GUIs not popping up in Eq channel view etc?
Cheers

Message 13/26             06-Jan-11  @  09:01 PM     Edit: 06-Jan-11  |  09:11 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

oh sh*t btw, if u ctrl+click on any mixer channel strip when the mixer is open, do you get a menu appearing in logic express?... and if yes, does the menu have an item called: 'Control surface bars' - if yes, is it ticked?

Message 14/26             08-Jan-11  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

macaudiosolutions@gmail.com wrote:

k wrote:

hmm. odd.

id up the firmware for starters just to be sure. Im certain i remember something about that update being very important from 5 years ago.. best have version 1.7 which i think was the last one - one of my units is version 1.6, the other is version 1.7. both work fine, individualy and together.

ive had weird problems before which turned out to be because there was multiple BCF2000 units in OSX applications/utilities

My unit has firmware 1.10 which is the last update on the Behringer webiste (you can see it on the video when I switch on the unit).

As you suggested, Ive checked in Audio/Midi setup and I have just one BCF2000...

I tried to post my problem in a Logic User Forum and I meet a person with had my same problem and nightmare, and it seems he solved the problem by chance!!!

I dont know what to think....I only hope its something wrong with my unit and bring it back to my dealer and try with another one...

thank you again ;)))

ok, try this:

go to your osx account, applications, utilities: audio & midi setup

delete the bcf2000

then open logic

then connect and power up the bcf2000

if the Logic controller setup panel doesnt pop-up when the bcf boot, then go to the main logic menu / preferences / control surfaces / setup

this will open the setup panel manualy

if the bcf isnt visible as an icon then in the setup panel menus (edit, new & view)

choose NEW and make sure 'automatic installation' is ticked - once that is ticked, if the bcf doesnt pop up when you restart it, then choose the menu item: New / scan all models

it should then appear

Message 15/26             08-Jan-11  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

macaudiosolutions

k wrote:

macaudiosolutions@gmail.com wrote:

k wrote:

hmm. odd.

As you suggested, Ive checked in Audio/Midi setup and I have just one BCF2000...

I dont know what to think....I only hope its something wrong with my unit and bring it back to my dealer and try with another one...

thank you again ;)))

ok, try this:

go to your osx account, applications, utilities: audio & midi setup

delete the bcf2000

then open logic

then connect and power up the bcf2000

if the Logic controller setup panel doesnt pop-up when the bcf boot, then go to the main logic menu / preferences / control surfaces / setup

this will open the setup panel manualy

if the bcf isnt visible as an icon then in the setup panel menus (edit, new & view)

choose NEW and make sure automatic installation is ticked - once that is ticked, if the bcf doesnt pop up when you restart it, then choose the menu item: New / scan all models

it should then appear

Thanx again for your reply ;)

I've followed exactly your instructions above, but with no luck. My unit can not be automatic installed even with "automatic instalaltion" ticked...and when I do "scan all models" it doesn't appear or pup up anything...the only way is to install manually the model "Mackie Design-Logic Control"...then I assign the BCF2000 as Midi IN/Out...and even if I re-boot teh BCF2000, the unit can set itself in LC Control Mode, as showed in your video tutorial...

At this point I can only thing something wrong with my unit...

In case you have some other tricks I am here ;)

Thank you ;)))) 

Message 16/26             09-Jan-11  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

LordArchway

Have you got any other midi devices attached to the mac? If so, have you tried detaching them and seeing whether the bcf is visible?

PS THanks to K for the suggestion re the channel popup, but no i don't get that option, so I think it's a Logic 8 issue: no control bars on mixer. But my workaround is fine really so really happy with BCF now for £100! 

Message 17/26             20-May-11  @  06:42 AM     Edit: 20-May-11  |  06:43 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

sambatesmusic

Hi,

First of all, thanks for offering all your knowledge on this! But I'm having similar problems to the folks above....

After following your video and booting in LC mode, the controller setup doesn't pop up. If I manually check it, there is a Logic Controller there but the BCF does nothing unless I go to prefs>midi>general>reset midi drivers. Once I do this, the BCF's Pn mode works (faders, pan pots and mute/solo functionality) for the first 8 channels in the mixer. If I press Preset right (which should move along a bank of eight tracks) it moves the view of the mixer far right to show outs and master fader and when I check back it's moved the assigned channels along by only one, not eight (so from controlling 1-8 to 2-9). Further presses of preset right do nothing!

Tearing my hair out about this. Any help would be so gratefully received! I am running firmware v1.10, connecting via USB to iMac running Logic 9.

Sam

Message 18/26             13-Jul-11  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

thasmithkid

Hi guys, those tutorials are great and there's loads of fantastic advice on these babies but Sam, did you ever resolve your issue? I'm having exactly the same problem and can't sort it out. It's driving me loopy.

Message 19/26             14-Jul-11  @  12:40 PM     Edit: 14-Jul-11  |  12:40 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

admin

did you guys have plenty of tracks in arrange though? The order the bcf steps the tracks is based on the arrange page not the mixer. so if the mixer has 24 channels but you only have 9 tracks in arrange, then the bcf will only step as far as 9.

Also did you guys check the osx midi preferences as listed above to see if there is 2 bcf units listed by mistake?

(go to your osx account, applications, utilities: audio & midi setup)

OR THIS FIXES PROBS FOR SOME PEOPLE:

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro back to its original settings. This will not impact your song files. To reset your Logic Pro user preference settings to their original state, do the following:
In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences. Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder.

Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this.

---------THIS BIT-----------

If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

---------THIS BIT-----------

If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 20/26             22-Dec-11  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

joseph

sambatesmusic@googlemail.com wrote:

Hi,

First of all, thanks for offering all your knowledge on this! But Im having similar problems to the folks above....

After following your video and booting in LC mode, the controller setup doesnt pop up. If I manually check it, there is a Logic Controller there but the BCF does nothing unless I go to prefs>midi>general>reset midi drivers. Once I do this, the BCFs Pn mode works (faders, pan pots and mute/solo functionality) for the first 8 channels in the mixer. If I press Preset right (which should move along a bank of eight tracks) it moves the view of the mixer far right to show outs and master fader and when I check back its moved the assigned channels along by only one, not eight (so from controlling 1-8 to 2-9). Further presses of preset right do nothing!

Tearing my hair out about this. Any help would be so gratefully received! I am running firmware v1.10, connecting via USB to iMac running Logic 9.

Sam

I am having the exact same problem! I followed he tutorial (excellent BTW). Afterwards, I ran into this problem. I've checked everything I know of. Is there a fix for this?

I've also noticed 4 blue control surface bars, in addition to the 8 white ones at the bottom of the mixer? This seems to have something to do with it. I don't remember seeing the blue bars in the tutorial or on my screen before.

Im running via USB with firmware 1.10, Logic Pro 9.1.6 on OS X 10.7.2.

I'm afraid I've already torn my hair out! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Message 21/26             24-Dec-11  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

admin

did you try disconnecting the unit and then deleting all midi devices from osx's

that is in: osx user-account / applications / utilities / audio & midi setup  

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 22/26             05-Jan-12  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

oscarat50

Hi, I have the exact same problem, I tried everything, deleting from "Audio Midi" configuration, delete logic preferences, reconfigure the unit for logic control, etc etc, and it still shows these Cyan bars in the mixer, please help me fix this, my unit is using v1.10 firmware via usb and connected to Logic Pro 9. thanks a lot!

Message 23/26             06-Jan-12  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

what does the arrange-page stack look like please? cos that's what the bcf uses to assign channel

also can we see a screenshot of the bcf setup in logic? need to see the left-column of the setup, with all the parameters.

Message 24/26             01-Mar-14  @  08:10 PM     Edit: 01-Mar-14  |  08:24 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

chaosmeister

joseph@soilsound.com wrote:
Ive also noticed 4 blue control surface bars, in addition to the 8 white ones at the bottom of the mixer? This seems to have something to do with it. I dont remember seeing the blue bars in the tutorial or on my screen before.

I know I'm late to the party, but was this ever solved? I just watched the 16 (excellent!) videos and got Logic and the BCF working together nicely, except for this one thing: I get 8 white underlines (ch1-8) and a blue one (ch9), and when I bank right on the BCF, the mapping jumps to ch10-17 instead of the desired ch9-16, thus leaving ch9 unreachable.  Now I could drop in an empty track after every 8 tracks, but that rubs my sense of aesthetics the wrong way :-).

Any reply appreciated...

cheers, cm

Message 25/26             01-Mar-14  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

chaosmeister

chaosmeister wrote:
I just watched the 16 (excellent!) videos and got Logic and the BCF working together nicely, except for this one thing: I get 8 white underlines (ch1-8) and a blue one (ch9), and when I bank right on the BCF, the mapping jumps to ch10-17 instead of the desired ch9-16, thus leaving ch9 unreachable.  Now I could drop in an empty track after every 8 tracks, but that rubs my sense of aesthetics the wrong way :-).

Just fixed my own problem.  I removed the file com.apple.logic.pro.cs -- this is the Control Surface preferences file, and it is located in HD:Users:<your account>:Library:Preferences.  Delete it, restart Logic while the BCF is turned on, and Logic will re-install the BCF as a Logic Control.  Once that is done, quit Logic (forcing Logic to create a fresh preferences file) and make a copy of that prefs file and store it someplace safe.  

Now you can (restart Logic and) tweak the Control Surface preferences to your liking.  If all goes well, quit Logic again (thus saving the prefs) and back up the prefs file again, deleting the previous backup.  Now you have a tweaked & clean prefs file.  If anything goes wrong in the future, simply replace the prefs file with the backup copy.

Phew.  Midnight.  Glad I got this figured out before going to bed  .

Message 26/26             01-Mar-14  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

admin

excellent work mate!

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot