aaa Across The Categories It's Another Dangerous Year At The Grammys - Sell & swap shop forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Sell & swap shop

Subject: Across The Categories It's Another Dangerous Year At The Grammys

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Jan-11  @  06:41 AM     Edit: 12-Jan-11  |  06:42 AM   -   RE: Across The Categories It's Another Dangerous Year At The Gramm...

nicholasg980

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The 2010 Grammy(r) Awards nominations are in and Dangerous Music is once again proud to have several clients represented who used Dangerous Music audio hardware for recording, mixing or mastering some of these prestigious projects. Dangerous Music users and their nominated projects include: producer and engineer Jaquire King (Kings of Leon), producer Jerry Harrison and engineer ET Thorngren (Kenny Wayne Shephard), mastering engineer Dave Kutch (John Legend, The Roots, Jazmine Sillivan), artist, engineer & producer Dweezil Zappa (Zappa Plays Zappa), remixer Morgan Page (Nadia Ali), remixer Dirty South (The Temper Trap), producer and engineer Count (Trombone Shorty), and producer and engineer Fab Dupont (Kirk Whalum).
"The Dangerous Music equipment is the centerpiece of my mixing rig," says Fab Dupont who mixed Kirk Whalum's album 'Everything Is Everything: The Music Of Donny Hathaway' that is nominated for both Best Pop Instrumental Album and Best R&B Male Vocal Performance. "Everything I do goes thru a Dangerous Monitor, 2-Bus, Master and BAX EQ. Everything."
Producer Jerry Harrison and engineer Eric "ET" Thorngren recently finished the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band release "Live in Chicago" which is nominated for Best Contemporary Blues Album. "ET and I have been using the Dangerous 2-Bus for all of our mixes for the last 5 years," notes Harrison, about working from his Sausalito Sound Studios. "We even bought two more so that we could have 6 channels for the 5.1 mixes of Talking Heads. We feel the Dangerous 2-Bus provides a clean and transparent path that makes our mixes sound the way we want them. If we want a color we add it to the track, stereo pair or on the mix buss." ET Thorngren adds, "We were looking for something to break out our digital tracks to, like we had done with analog consoles. When I heard that Chris Muth, who I respected from his work at The Hit Factory and Sterling Sound Mastering, had designed the 2-Bus, we tried it. The 2-Bus was just what we wanted to get our sound."
Remixer Morgan Page says, "Dangerous Music gear is an essential part of my studio. I love the sound of analog summing and monitoring via my Dangerous D-Box, and the 'Fantasy' remix, which was nominated for a Grammy, is the first mix I ever made with my new Dangerous setup." Page is up for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical for "Fantasy" Remix from the artist Nadia Ali.
"Everyone needs a way to accurately monitor their work," states Count, (aka Michael Count) the mixing/mastering engineer who used his Dangerous D-Box to mix Trombone Shorty's album "Backtown" nominated for Best Contemporary Jazz Album. "Why not get the only speaker monitor system with the bonus of having great summing built in? It's a no-brainer. The first album I ever mixed with the Dangerous D-Box was nominated for a Grammy - Trombone Shorty's Backtown. I've been using it ever since. The summing gives me a level of clarity that I used to struggle for on my mixes. The built-in monitoring section is great! Now I know what my mixes really sound like."
Dweezil Zappa is nominated for Best Rock Instrumental Performance for his recording of "The Deathless Horsie" from his album 'Return Of The Son Of...' Dweezil says, "I have achieved my best mixes ever...in my portable rig...with the help of the Dangerous Music gear." He used his three Dangerous 2-Bus LTs for 48-channels of analog summing and the Dangerous Monitor ST monitor controller for the album mix. It also does duty as his road recording rig, providing large-format analog console mixing quality and allowing immediate mixing of the 'Zappa Plays Zappa' live shows to sell downloads right after the shows.
Mastering engineer Dave Kutch has three projects which are up for seven different Grammys this year: Jazmine Sillivan for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance; The Roots for Best Rap Album and John Legend for Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals, Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance, Best R&B Song, Best R&B Album and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. "Congratulations to all the Grammy nominated artists I've been so fortunate to work with, and 'Thank You' to Dangerous Music for consistently creating new and unique musical tools to master these albums on," say Kutch who's NY Mastering Palace studio boasts a complete suite of Dangerous Music mastering gear including the Dangerous Master, Dangerous Monitor and the new Dangerous BAX EQ.
One of the other remixes up for a Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical Grammy is "Sweet Disposition" from artist The Temper Trap, remixed by Dirty South (aka: Dragan Roganovic). "I love the Dangerous Music gear," says Dirty South. "I own the Dangerous 2-Bus summing unit which I just used to mix-down a whole album of a band called Ruben Haze. That box is amazing and it adds so much space and clarity to the mixes. The other piece of gear that I own is the Dangerous Monitor ST. This unit is the heart of the studio as it controls all of my signal flow and monitoring. It's very clean and I know whatever goes through it is how it's supposed to sound. I run two studios, one in Melbourne, Australia and the other in L.A. - both studios are outfitted with Dangerous Music gear."
"Radioactive," the first single off The Kings of Leon's new album 'Come Around Sundown', was co-produced and mixed by Jacquire King, the song is up for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. Jacquire uses the Dangerous 2-Bus summing amp and Monitor ST controller, "I can hear things very accurately with the Dangerous Music gear, it's not a colored, tricky sound, it's transparent and true," he says. "With the advent of the Dangerous 2-Bus," Jacquire adds, "being able to bypass the summing in the computer, plus the option of creating a hybrid setup where I can use a lot of the really fine analog outboard pieces that I have, I find that it's absolutely comparable to mixing on a great analog console."
The 53rd Grammy(r) Awards show will air on February 13, 2011 at 8pm EST on CBS, visit: www.grammy.com
About Dangerous Music
Dangerous Music, Inc. designs and builds products that are indispensable to any DAW-based recording environment. Dangerous Music electronics designer Chris Muth has spent over 20 years working in and designing custom equipment for top recording and mastering studios. Muth and company founder Bob Muller pioneered the concept of the dedicated analog summing buss for digital audio workstations with the Dangerous 2-Bus in 2001. Today the company offers a wide range of products for recording, mastering, mixing and post-production facilities, all designed and built with mastering-quality standards and a practical aesthetic. Key products include the Dangerous 2-Bus and 2-Bus LT, Dangerous Monitor ST-SR and its Additional Switching System expansion units, Dangerous D-Box, Dangerous Master, Dangerous S&M, Dangerous Monitor and Dangerous Bax EQ.
For more information on Dangerous Music visit http://www.dangerousmusic.com  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             14-Jan-11  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Across The Categories It's Another Dangerous Year At The Gramm...

Bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

you expect someone to read all that?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)