aaa how to wire up midi controllers in cubase - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: how to wire up midi controllers in cubase

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             14-Jan-11  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: how to wire up midi controllers in cubase

Bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So I got a little midi keyboard for chrimbo but for the life of me i can't get it to play nice with cubase.

it's an icon neuron 3, with a slider, 4 pot controllers and a set of transport controls but i can't get any 'learn' actions in cubase to pick them up and the transport controls seem to send out midi notes ...

I can play notes and cubase records but anything else is fkd. I've had a look at the tutorial on here for cubase but it's all different now innit.

any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             15-Jan-11  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: how to wire up midi controllers in cubase

k

is there some button-press to switch the transport keys into TRANSPORT MODE? like on the UMA25S the transport buttons also function as regular controller buttons  UNTIL they are switched to tranport-mode

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             18-Jan-11  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: how to wire up midi controllers in cubase

bobby.demers1

"but i can't get any 'learn' actions in cubase to pick them up and the transport controls seem to send out midi notes"

Go into the Devices/Device Setup and click on Quick Controls.
Select the MIDI I/O's, then click on QuickControl1 to highlight it. Then, click the Learn button and move whatever knob or slider in the keyboard you want to connect it with.
Select the next one (QuickControl2) and press Learn etc etc for all 8 of them.
Now, in the Inspector open up the Quick Controls, click on the 1st blank box and choose whatever you want to run from the controller (volume/pan or whatever depending on MIDI or Audio track)..
Voila... assigned controllers

sox

Message 4/4             23-Jan-11  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: how to wire up midi controllers in cubase

Bedwyr

Yeah, tried that. All the controllers on the icon neuron seem to send out midi notes ...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)