aaa I have a nice new analogue eq... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I have a nice new analogue eq...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             01-Apr-11  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

safeandsound123

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Custom, 5 band analogue stereo ganged, very nice, I am a happy man.

SafeandSound Mastering, low cost, high end

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             02-Apr-11  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

Malcolm Jeffery

File?:  No file

Quick send it to me for evaluation and saftey check, it looks dangerous.
Malk. lol

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 3/8             02-Apr-11  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

safeandsound123

Yes it is built custom by an electronics expert so I think he know what he is doing
judging by the neatness of the wiring inside ; )

Really stoked about it, the stereo link is fantastic and perfect for mastering and the switched controls throughout make recall, if required a breeze.

cheers

Message 4/8             02-Apr-11  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

Malcolm Jeffery

Only joking about saftey, so hows it sound strapped across a whole mix, any mojo even at centre in dents.

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/8             05-Apr-11  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

safeandsound123

Hi there, in centre position no Mojo because as specified when I got the unit built this was to be complete band bypass so there is no distortion added when in centre position.

I have per band bypass, full bypass for A/B ing which is important, 6dB /12dB per octave switch for high shelf, lowest band switchable to shelf response. And each band has a switch to switch gain range from 6dB / 12dB. It's super flexible.

To my ear the the EQ trounces a number of common mastering EQ's, it's smoother up top than a massive passive, has the 3d mids of a massive passive and every band sounds better than the Cranesong IBIS to my ear.

I am immensely pleased with it as a whole.

Like all things it takes a little time to understand the ins and outs so I am sure I will learn more as time moves on.

: )

Message 6/8             07-Apr-11  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

safeandsound123

The other thing is analogue eq tends to have a 3D quality which plug ins do not offer. It does not mean plugins cannot do a good job it just means that analogue gives a different option really. It's good to have choices.

Message 7/8             07-Apr-11  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

k

looks juicy! .. go on then.. how much?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/8             08-Apr-11  @  09:43 AM     Edit: 13-Apr-11  |  06:59 PM   -   RE: I have a nice new analogue eq...

safeandsound123

It came in at £1,400.00 which is a good price for such build. Anything else would have been £2K + and if I am honest I was not feeling some of the EQ's that I heard
in shops. If I am spending that kind of money on something it needs to be good in all frequency bands !

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)