aaa I made a curry - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I made a curry

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

2 dayer well good

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 3/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

MORE PREP

Message 4/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

Too Spicey?........Never

Message 5/43             17-Jul-11  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

File?:  No file

hehe... nuff chillis?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/43             01-Aug-11  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

I love hot currys. I love eating them and making them. I'm going through a thai influenced phase at the moment.

This is something I knocked up recently

Message 7/43             01-Aug-11  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

finished result. Thai seafood curry.

Message 8/43             01-Aug-11  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

Link?:  No link

looks absolutely gorgeous ... a few year ago i got a book by David Thompson "Thai food", it has never failed me yet and would recommend this to anybody ..... as a result I spend almost as long in the kitchen preparing meals as i do messing with music (both accompanied by either wine or ice cold lagers). Half the pleasure is the prep, making your own pastes etc... its amazing how the aromas act as foreplay to the meal. 
Ummmmm fish sauce ..... but still i have never managed to source kafir limes. 

Message 9/43             06-Aug-11  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

I'll have to get a copy of that then.  I must admit, I'm a bit of a bodger/cowboy and dont often follow recipes, and tend to improvise. I just copy bits I see from the TV chefs. I should really perfect the pastes and memorize them, thats half the battle won. I also need a mortar and pestle rather than chucking it all in blender.

I love the whole process of making a dish, especially the shopping for ingredients. I find it very satisfying to go to a butchers or a fishmongers and chatting to them, talking about what I'm gonna cook and listening to their advice, and respecting the meat or fish, knowing where it comes from, appreciating its quality and how best to treat it to make sure I give it the best send off possible. Same with all ingredients.

I get so f*cking sad and frustrated at the fat c*nts in the cheapo supermarkets like Tescos who live on a constant diet of crap and nasty convenience foods.  Or like my parents will buy a chicken from Tesco because it only cost 4p, and I'm like "but what about the taste, the quality, how it was farmed ? doesnt that matter to you ? do all you care about is the fucking price ?"  it really annoys me.

I dont completely boycott supermarkets, I do about 70% of my shopping in my local Waitrose, but for meat, veg and fish I try and get that from the local shops to support them as much as I can. We've already lost our local fishmonger, which is gutting because he was brilliant, the fish at the supermarket is nowhere near as good.

Anyway, as for the Kaffir Lime Leaves, I use these, which are the next best thing I suppose...

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cooks-Ingredients-Kaffir-Lime-Leaves-Waitrose/48885011

Message 10/43             06-Aug-11  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

um jock... you are starting to sound very 'ghey', lol

nah that finished curry looks bloody awesome!! Just haven't seen much of this 'domesticated kitchen Jock' before, lol ;)

Btw waitrose meat is damned good for a supermarket tho. i buy waitrose organic meat IF i eat meat (which is rarely). Their organic meatballs are super value and quality. Knock those up in a tomatoe sauce, chuck in a 1/2k packet of petit pois and serve with pasta! yummy! their free-range organic sausages rule too

also waitrose own brand veggie moussaka is excellent too for a packet food. Mind you, there's no local butchers, greengrocers etc in chelsea unless u wanna pay 25 quid for a slice of bacon from some posh butchers in chelsea village. But i dont think you are allowed to purchase from them unless you arrive in a Range-Rover Vogue or Disco 3 with an asian nanny in tow... so waitrose it is.

i been so busy recently desperately trying to finish this next round of logic tutorial videos that i'm livin on falafel wraps lately. There's a load of arabic shops round the corner so i get the flat bread, falafel, yogurt, corriander leaves and some cucumber etc and make veggie wraps, tasty!! for a side dish i get humous and pour tahini into it & mix it all together for that extra seseme hit ;)

i swear tho, when this videos is done i'm gonna have a bloody great 16oz fillet steak!

ooh i tell you what i had the other day - fresh grilled mackerel. I'd forgotten how good a simple grilled mackerel tastes, bloody delicious AND cheap as chips!

so i'm in the supermarket and i say to the fish assistant "Mate, grab that mackerel there and hold it upright by the tail", and he's like "what"? It took me like a minute & a half to explain & get him to do it.

That's how you tell how fresh a mackerel is - hold the bugger by the tail-end so it's head points upwards vertically - the more it droops over the less fresh it is. it should be stiff & firm (oo-er missus!) tip! ...yes i used to work on a fish counter as a saturday job when i was a kiddie *sigh*

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/43             06-Aug-11  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

sitar

i love going to the market. interesting about how to tell if a mackerel is fresh. would that be the same with other fish i wonder? if so, i know the fish sticks i buy are fresh. :P  

i love falafels but i dare not eat one again. 4 years ago i had some dental work done. i was told not to eat for a couple of hours but i hadn't eaten all day so on my way home i bought a falafel figuring i'd chew on one side of my mouth. as i was eating it outside i saw blood on the falafel. long story short, next thing i know i'm walking into an emergency room having trouble breathing, with a rash, and feeling like shit. a woman takes my blood pressure, says "don't go anywhere. i'll be right back" and i hear her yelling "i need a cart! we have a 70 over 20". at the same time the world began getting all blurry. epinephrin saved the day. i think an ingredient from the falafel in direct touch with my blood caused an allergic reaction. now i'm afraid of being hyper sensitive to those. 

Message 12/43             07-Aug-11  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

if so, i know the fish sticks i buy are fresh. :P  

guffaw!

Message 13/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

aye, I love Waitrose, you just know that all their stuff, even the essentials range is going to be sourced responsibly and of a good quality.  I'm very lucky that the local supermarket is a Waitrose. Its also very quiet compared to other stores, I've never ever queued at the checkouts ever more than 1 trolley deep, even at Christmas.

We dont have the poncy deli or butchers where I live, I'm in deepest Kent, so the people who drive the range rovers are usually either drug dealers or farmers.  Not many poncy pretentious twats twatting around in their Chelsea tractors here. I once asked my butcher where he got his chickens from and he replied "Norfolk"... and I'm like "yeah but fucking Bernard Manning is based in Norfolk, cant you be more specific ?".... "No"   LOL   still, he does some quality joints, of the meat variety.

Facking ell Sitar, nearly taken out by falafel.  That must of been real brown trouser time.  My mate had an allergic reaction to Red Bull, his mouth, lips and throat swelled right up to the point where he couldnt breathe. We just pointed and laughed, eventually someone sobered up enough to take him to hospital.

I'm now going to bore you all with some more photos of some dishes I knocked out, because I'm sad like that.

Message 14/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

Tuna steak with a potato & tomato salad, with oregano, lemon juice and olive oil.

Message 15/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

roast pork belly, on a bed of peas & gem lettuce in a mint type sauce.

Message 16/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

my attempt at a fiorentina pizza, with a wholemeal pizza base. Yes, I did the base too.

Message 17/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

roasted red pepper and chicken thigh risotto.

Message 18/43             07-Aug-11  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

leg of lamb curry

Message 19/43             07-Aug-11  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

roast pork belly italian style with spaghetti

Message 20/43             07-Aug-11  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

I got a thing for pork belly. Chinese style roast pork in honey.

Message 21/43             07-Aug-11  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

lamb neck stew, with home made mint dumplings.

Right, I'll get my coat and go now then shall I.

Message 22/43             07-Aug-11  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

bloody hell jock man!! that's some SERIOUS quality looking dishes! are you sure you're in the right business? and btw fiorentina is my number 1 favourite pizza!

and sitar, i spent ages and ages but couldn't think up a single pun about falafel induced siezures. ;) musta been scary tho you poor thing!

Message 23/43             08-Aug-11  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

yarp, fiorentina is my fave too.     The doris bought me a pizza stone and a pizza paddle, so we've been making up batches of the pizza base and freezing them. We're knocking up some really nice, quick and easy pizzas.

I do love to cook, but I have a limited reportoire, and I'm sure if you put me up against a real chef, I'd fall quite some way behind.

ahem, now normal Jock service will be resumed.....

I'm busting for a shit, I was too busy earlier because I was teabagging the wife.

Do I win £5 ?

Message 24/43             08-Aug-11  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

hehe, yeah i always feel like i'm getting a big healthy hit from spinach and eggs, whereas in a commercial place i aint so sure where the sausage came from, lol

hehe. well next step has to be, build a wood oven in t'garden i guess.

i went to me cousins wedding recently near Lucca, and next day we went to the grooms fathers house for pizza, and they had a wood oven built in the basement of the house. The first batch tbh came out undercookec center and overcooked edges - too hot i guess, but once they got it settled down the pizzas were excellent

oh well i'm off up to tottenham ... i need a new flatscreen tv nyuk nyuk|!

Message 25/43             08-Aug-11  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

loot us a blu-ray player please mate. cheers.

Yeah I've always wanted to build a clay pizza oven in the garden, but my garden is tiny, so its finding the room.

Damn, I want pizza now.  Proper authentic italian pizza, not that shit american heart attack on a plate pizza hut bollocks.

Message 26/43             08-Aug-11  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

sitar

oxygene65@gmail.com wrote:

aye, I love Waitrose, you just know that all their stuff, even the essentials range is going to be sourced responsibly and of a good quality.  Im very lucky that the local supermarket is a Waitrose. Its also very quiet compared to other stores, Ive never ever queued at the checkouts ever more than 1 trolley deep, even at Christmas.

We dont have the poncy deli or butchers where I live, Im in deepest Kent, so the people who drive the range rovers are usually either drug dealers or farmers.  Not many poncy pretentious twats twatting around in their Chelsea tractors here. I once asked my butcher where he got his chickens from and he replied Norfolk... and Im like yeah but fucking Bernard Manning is based in Norfolk, cant you be more specific ?.... No   LOL   still, he does some quality joints, of the meat variety.

Facking ell Sitar, nearly taken out by falafel.  That must of been real brown trouser time.  My mate had an allergic reaction to Red Bull, his mouth, lips and throat swelled right up to the point where he couldnt breathe. We just pointed and laughed, eventually someone sobered up enough to take him to hospital.

Message 27/43             08-Aug-11  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

sitar

oxygene65@gmail.com wrote:

wow. yeah i knew a guy that happened to when he didn't know some cookies had ground peanuts and the person who baked them didn't know he had a peanut allergy. 

i wasn't nervous at all. it was more interesting than anything else. i knew i had to get myself to an emergency room though. i asked someone where the nearest ER was and as i walked the few blocks i kept saying to myself, not here. not here, meaning i didn't want to drop right there on the sidewalk.

Message 28/43             08-Aug-11  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

sitar

k wrote:

and sitar, i spent ages and ages but couldnt think up a single pun about falafel induced siezures. ;) musta been scary tho you poor thing!

falafel/feltaweful is all i can come up with. i wasn't scared at all. like i told jock it was more interesting than anything else even when the world got blurry. the doctor told me i would have bought the farm if i hadn't gotten epinephrine right then and there. a funny followup to the story was i spent a couple of hours in the ER recovering and on oxygen. they released me and i made it home just in time to do an instance with my World of Warcraft guild that i'd signed up for. priorities. 

Message 29/43             10-Sep-11  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

FIRST AO ALL i really pissed secondclly id acnt use opunvctuatin whjile iw pissed thirdly i cant type in this statwe 
however i do appprexiate fooosfd done well . fourthly  how the helll does jock go frm dcat jokes to food critique ill never no (know) .....BLAH BLAHG BLAH  SPECKY SOON drunken bim M  

Message 30/43             10-Sep-11  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

how's the hangover today?

Message 31/43             10-Sep-11  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

Was quite bad this morning, missed my sons football match (not a good start) ..... day seamed to get progressively worse and then visitors for a meal this evening.

Finally the hangover disappeared, but only because i began to drink again, ending the evening on 12 year old Glenlivet (i know its not the best but its all i had left).

Sort of worked out quite well all in all.

It also seems we have come full cirlce, started the meal with a Thai soup of prawns simmered in caramel, followed by homemade deep fried Thai fishcakes accompanied by an ajat (cucumber relish .... cucumbers dressed with a sweet and sour syrup combined with julienned ginger, shallots, chilli and corriander leaf). With a Geng panaeng gai for the main (Red curry of chicken with peanuts).

Pleasant evening all in.

PS sorry for the previous rant, it appears i could barely read let alone type. Must remember to use the USB breathalyzer.

Message 32/43             12-Dec-11  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

jorgesalarcon

Your curry looks very good. Curry I read is supposed to be good for your health.

Message 33/43             12-Dec-12  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

I Love Curry ...... Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Supper    MMMMMMMMM

Message 34/43             14-Dec-12  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

yum! I discovered a new curry delivery in my vicinity, really good; each dish actually tastes different to others, lol, and it tastes really fresh.

how are you nasty?

Message 35/43             14-Dec-12  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

Hi there captain,
I've been busy as hell these past few months, changed jobs about 18 month ago and things have progressed at light speed. Despite current economic climate i appear to have been knocked from pillar to post and back again. Probably been as busy this year as I have been in the past.
Hopefully will get chance to call round here a bit more often this year.

All the best Martyn

Message 36/43             15-Dec-12  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

cool mate, why doncha, i should spend more time here tbh.

i'll check your tune soon, busy finishing a job. i also checked that guys tune 'dirty new electro bendy track', and have some comments but aint had time to add 'em.

this year got kinda hijacked tbh for me. i was in the process of creating a sort of "noobs definitive compression tutorial"; full-on, in depth but 4 noobs, but had to leave off it due to all sorts... been a year of much change methinks. ah well, next year...

what job y doing anyways (after the change)?

Message 37/43             15-Dec-12  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

Message 38/43             15-Feb-13  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

Bedwyr

how come this has had 12000 views? are you counting robots or something?

I fancy a curry tonight   

Message 39/43             16-Feb-13  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

Bedwyr wrote:

how come this has had 12000 views? are you counting robots or something?

I fancy a curry tonight   

nope we just get alot of views.

Message 40/43             17-Jun-13  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

nutoniom

vindaloo, yes! yummy...

Message 41/43             17-Jun-13  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

nutoniom wrote:

vindaloo, yes! yummy...

yum. i had a curry last week, but it isnt as good without an ice cold lager to go with tbh... on the anti-biotics see  

how's it hanging mate?

Message 42/43             19-Jun-13  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

nutoniom

Doing fine K, specially with vaccation time coming, it'll be bbq beer camping in the wild and riding my bike. 

Ah yes a cold one with curry is very good, but I also like wine with it oddly enough. I know I'm weird like that : )

get well soon dude, hope it's nothing too serious !

Message 43/43             19-Jun-13  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

teeth/dentist, nothing serious.

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot