aaa clever clever apple.. new macs and OS - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: clever clever apple.. new macs and OS

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             21-Jul-11  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: clever clever apple.. new macs and OS

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

crafty.

the new mac minis can do 8gb ram and are 64bit. 8gb is monster amount for music at this the cheap end of the price scale & osx Lion is cheap as chips for a full on 64bit OS - 20 quid (!!read it and weep MS), lol, but comes with the new macs anyways from now on

it's interesting cos it means an entry cheap 500 quid mac which can be easily ram upgraded due to the simple ram port & crucial proper mac compatible ram is cheap; and it comes with garageband (good enough to write songs) or add sequencer of choice. Thats pretty tempting i think to previous non mac people.

i'm damned sure tho now osx is gone 64bit as standard we'll see a 64bit logic pretty soon.

you can see what's happening here, apple drops entry price and simultaneously does massive beefing of OSX security, inc disk encryption.. hmmm, goin for a bigger market share i'd say, and aggressively so.

windows 8 soon too, hmmm.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)