aaa smapler - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: smapler

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             23-Nov-12  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: smapler

damballah

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I got one. Now what?

Is this thing on?????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             23-Nov-12  @  10:22 AM     Edit: 23-Nov-12  |  10:23 AM   -   RE: smapler

k

heh, hello stranger how's it going?

Well you'll probably need some smaples to use with it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             24-Nov-12  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: smapler

damballah

hi K, not bad. I'm ditching my old music PC and its outdated copy of cubase, so I stuck logic on the mac I run FCPX on. happened across your tutorials, so I been watching them for a little jump start. thought I'd say hey! how you been?

Message 4/9             24-Nov-12  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: smapler

k

good now after a long illness which kinda decimated the site's potential growth.

Also i am now mac and using fcp7 - cant use "x" cos my mac pro (can you believe) doesnt have the right graphic card!!, grrrrrrr, 200 and something british pounds to upgrade the graphic card!! yet my mate can run it on his cheap mac mini!

I'm wondering when apple release logic-x, and also drolling over various new mac products; would love a new imac quad! well tb i'd like a quad imac, a mini, a macbook pro and an ipad, all wired up to an apple tv unit for my big screen, lol

So what? you a video guy now?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             24-Nov-12  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: smapler

damballah

I fiddle with it a little bit for work stuff, all media is multimedia these days. I find a lot of the skills from working with software sequencers translate over to NLEs. The audio handling is not so great -- why don't they incorporate a proper mixer?

My mini at home -- maxed out on ram & 4tb thunderbolt drive -- is so much faster with FCPX than my several-year-old pro tower at the office is with FCE7.

here's a fun one from a while back: http://vimeo.com/26351480

Message 6/9             25-Nov-12  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: smapler

k

damballah wrote:

My mini at home -- maxed out on ram & 4tb thunderbolt drive -- is so much faster with FCPX than my several-year-old pro tower at the office is with FCE7.

oh i wish you didnt say that, lol, is it a quad mini? or core2duo?

Message 7/9             25-Nov-12  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: smapler

damballah

k wrote:
oh i wish you didnt say that, lol, is it a quad mini? or core2duo?

sorry 'bout that 

2.5 GHz intel core i5, 8 gig o' ram

Message 8/9             26-Nov-12  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: smapler

k

oh dammit! So it's just a dual core, not the quad? how is it for logic? did u ever try the logic benchmark on it? I'd be interested in the results

http://www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark/Logic_Multicore_Benchmark_Test.html

Message 9/9             29-Nov-12  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: smapler

k

i'd be very interested if you could find time to try that test project btw.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot