aaa not been by for some time - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: not been by for some time

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Dec-12  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

not been round for some time ..... however have decided to drop my latest efforts (ears are always welcome ... and comments)
Cheers M 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Dec-12  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

k

Link?: Link

love the peak at about 6.55. yeah man really organic, can i hear a mix with a dry rhodes sound pls

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             16-Dec-12  @  02:52 AM     Edit: 16-Dec-12  |  03:09 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

k

also the violin solo at 1:13, can it be chinese violin? and can i pls have a 70's jazz funk snare (the one that comes in at 2:09) & a dryer kit... oh & no pickles pls.

dont get me wrong, i love it, but wanna also hear that more intimate mix like swimming.

btw, what did u use for that screaming phasing sound which crosses the mix?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             17-Dec-12  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

NastyM

Hi again K 

Have posted a remixed version ....

1.) dry rhodes (wurlitzer)
2.) have tried to tweak the violin (doubled with a psaltry harp) hopefully something like as i dont possess a vst that is in anyway near
3.) dryer kit (with funkier snare)
4.) removed pickles

the screaming phased sound is a mellotron sampled ebow with plenty distortion, loads of reverb & modulation / pitch control 

let us know what you reckon if you get a chance 

Martyn

Message 5/7             17-Dec-12  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

k

ah, no, i like the mix as it was for the kit,  now yoive made it loder it sounds artificial, and the snare on the kit playing is fine

i mean thay snare which plays way earlier, sounds like someone hittin a filing cabinet, make that fat, and tight, leave the rest as in original but if not rolling off the rhodes reverb then roll the bottom end of the rhodes verb so it doesnt muddy the bass-end/mid-bass so much, leave the rest as is.

Message 6/7             17-Dec-12  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: not been by for some time

NastyM

Third time lucky
I have reverted the main kit section at the end to the original settings (snare and reverb) 
Have found a free Erhu vsti (mini Erhu by Kong Audio)
as for the snare (earlier on in the mix) have changed it for a tighter snare, although not sure what you meant by "fat"
and the rhodes / wurly i have tried to retain some reverb but hopefully cleaned the bass up a little.
If you get chance let us know what you think
ps really appreciate this.
I have also added another track from earlier this year... not really dance but what the hell, if youve got dem magic shoes your feet can tap away to absolutely anything.
Cheers M 

Message 7/7             18-Dec-12  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: not been by for some time

k

nice!, not the snare i'd have choosen but almost

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot