aaa Auditioning and Editing Between Multiple Rhythm Section Takes in Logic X - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Auditioning and Editing Between Multiple Rhythm Section Takes in Logic X

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             27-Sep-13  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: Auditioning and Editing Between Multiple Rhythm Section Takes ...

girish

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I'm considering the jump from Logic 9 to 10 and I have a specific task in mind. Currently, I've returned home from two days in a studio in LA where I recorded a rhythm section (bass, guitar, and drums) for material on my new project. The task that I'm hoping that Logic X will streamline is this: I want to import multiple full takes of any given song and then listen easily between them. And, I want to be able to easily edit between the takes, creating one final comp.

This seems to be possibly in the domain of Track Stacks, but I'm not sure. What would you recommend as the best way to import 4 or 5 complete band takes of a song so that I can easily audition and edit between them to create one comp of each of the 20 or so audio regions that comprise one complete take?

Thanks,
Girish 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             28-Sep-13  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Auditioning and Editing Between Multiple Rhythm Section Takes ...

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi mate. Use the Quick Swipe Comping. There's actually no video tutorials on that technique for logic pro x as far as i can see from a quick google search, but there is older 'comping' tutorials from logic 8/9

You would have to make sure each seperate batch of takes were all 100% sync'd though & unless each set of takes was done to a click it could be a tricky task.

What i mean by that is this: you have as i understand it, 4 or 5 multitrack 'takes' of a  band playing the same song. Each of those 'takes' was done seperately, and if NOT done to a click, each take probably has a slightly different speed. So if you are gonna 'comp' between these totally seperate takes, then each set of 'takes' must all be in sync before you even begin comping.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)