aaa So There I Was - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: So There I Was

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             03-Nov-14  @  08:01 PM     Edit: 03-Nov-14  |  08:03 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

Errata

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Sitting here at the computer about to sequence out some trax... seriously, and out of nowhere I think, "I wonder if ol' k still has Dancetech up..."

And so I look and there it is... Way to go k!!! It looks great. I haven't been in here in ten years, maybe more.

Looks like everyone else drifted off too.

Well, for any of the lurkers... I have to say Dancetech was a great bit of internet for me once as I was learning things. k, XOXOS, PB, Jock, Pongoid, Influx, Sitar, Bedwyr, jesus that's just off the top of my head... everybody here had something to share and made a difference.

Did the ol' double album every get off the ground (I had trax on there, where's my royalties????)

Cheers!
e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             03-Nov-14  @  08:03 PM     Edit: 03-Nov-14  |  08:04 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

Errata

Message 3/23             05-Nov-14  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

Link?: Link

hello mate. we still get the same hits monthly including our youtube channel.
How's it going anyway?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/23             06-Nov-14  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

xoxos

Message 5/23             09-Nov-14  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

Bedwyr

Message 6/23             11-Dec-14  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

Garuna

Errata, I did exactly what you did. Even rememered my old login (after six tries).

So great the site is still up! It's been so long...... how is everyone??

Message 7/23             12-Dec-14  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

MikK

I was so glad to find Dancetech still online!
This must have been one of the first forums I regularly visited.
I'm sure none of you guys remember me but I remember everybody.
I remember playing Golden Tee Golf with some of you guys.
Was it #deetee the irc-channel?
Thinking of those times almost brings a tear to my eye. So much has changed.
A BIG thank you to everybody for being there, especially k for this place.
It may seem ridiculous that it was such a big thing but it was, I wasn't very popular socially in real life back then..

Message 8/23             14-Dec-14  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

Bedwyr

golden tee golf ...

hi mik   

Message 9/23             15-Dec-14  @  09:57 AM     Edit: 16-Dec-14  |  11:33 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

Garuna

You're right, Mik. It's strange and nostalgic. The memories, the discussions.... good times. And yes, very cool of k to still run the site.

Fun reading the old stuff. Psy, Clay, groovemonkey, Milan... it's all coming back, wow. Are they still around? And nice to see the success Andrew has.

K set up these profiles and I remember being proud that I could list the bits of kit I had. My Site Intro obviously was Listen Think Dance. Haha. Apparently I was also "Addicted to the groove". Oh man.

Message 10/23             18-Dec-14  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

Garuna

Reminising done, so much knowledge and fun in this place. Very quiet now isn't it. I'll be back in another ten.

Message 11/23             18-Dec-14  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

hehe, hello guys!

We still get the hits tho, exactly the same, and i been building the youtube channel. Coming up to 4 million views & a rep' for the best vids on youtube in the genre.

You all still making music?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/23             19-Dec-14  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

Garuna

Hey k,

I was making a lot and then took a three year break. Now getting back into it.

Channel looks good. You reviewed some kit I just bought. Subscribed.

Merry Christmas.

Message 13/23             21-Dec-14  @  06:17 AM     Edit: 21-Dec-14  |  06:18 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

errata

The site looks great and the You Tube page is solid. Great stuff really.
I will probably always make music. I did some playing in a band and a little touring but wound up needin' to make money in the real world... so there you have that.

I still make hard breaks, Psy, etc... but I also run a music store and have a family.
Cheers!

Message 14/23             22-Dec-14  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

MikK

Hi all! 

I still make music as well, just not as often as back then. I'm firmly stuck at trance. Team140 yay!

Lots of other things going on atm. Building a house, shooting a short film..

I think the decline of all forums is a bit sad.

Youtube channel looks great k! Subscribed 

Message 15/23             23-Dec-14  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

cool guys, building houses, families, heheh...  life is a journey eh.

Happy Christmas! xx  

Message 16/23             31-Dec-14  @  02:38 PM     Edit: 11-May-15  |  12:00 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

some-random-artist

Happy new year to all nostalgic Dancetech-ers!

Haven't been making tunes for years. Still got the gear + got myself a Moog Minitaur, Kontakt etc and I am occasionaly assembling a few beats together.  No completed tune in sight though due to the lack of free time and dedication...

Message 17/23             18-Feb-15  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

nutoniom

Get a smapler !

Message 18/23             28-Feb-15  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

Bedwyr

I was eating bacon and eggs with my daughters this morning, I have a stinking cold, can't smell a thing. Noticed after a while that the youngest (18months) that was on my lap had properly shat on me. Jeans covered in shit.

I don't think a smapler can help in these situations. Maybe could have sampled my wretching when i realised what the little cherub had done.

Message 19/23             01-Mar-15  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

Message 20/23             18-Mar-15  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: So There I Was

nutoniom

Haahahaha! My new girlfriend has a toddler, i'm always on guard for thos sort of things, nope smapler won't help !

Message 21/23             09-Apr-15  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

sitar

Errata wrote:

Sitting here at the computer about to sequence out some trax... seriously, and out of nowhere I think, I wonder if ol k still has Dancetech up...

And so I look and there it is... Way to go k!!! It looks great. I havent been in here in ten years, maybe more.

Looks like everyone else drifted off too.

Well, for any of the lurkers... I have to say Dancetech was a great bit of internet for me once as I was learning things. k, XOXOS, PB, Jock, Pongoid, Influx, Sitar, Bedwyr, jesus thats just off the top of my head... everybody here had something to share and made a difference.

Did the ol double album every get off the ground (I had trax on there, wheres my royalties????)

Cheers!
e

Well jeez. Those were great years of learning and fun for sure but scary if you learned anything from me unless from my mistakes! I pop in too from time to time to let K know I'm still alive against all odds. I'll outlive the bum. Oh....hi K.  

Message 22/23             19-Apr-15  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

cheeky bastid!  

Message 23/23             19-Apr-15  @  10:39 AM     Edit: 19-Oct-15  |  11:50 AM   -   RE: So There I Was

k

the weirdest thing from the old days is seeing all the hardware sitting on a shelf unused, cos the computer does it all... weeeeeeiiiird!  nowadays my biggest problem is storage for old hardware  

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)