aaa Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             06-Dec-15  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

Alastair

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been trying, without success, to find out how to transpose an imported wav file in Garageband (latest version) on an Imac.  I've searched everywhere for the answer, including youtube, Apple online & telephone help without any success.  I'm considering purchasing Logic Pro X, but won't until it is confirmed that this can be done in Garageband.  Can anyone help please?    

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             15-Dec-15  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

admin

Alastair wrote:

Ive been trying, without success, to find out how to transpose an imported wav file in Garageband (latest version) on an Imac.  Ive searched everywhere for the answer, including youtube, Apple online & telephone help without any success.  Im considering purchasing Logic Pro X, but wont until it is confirmed that this can be done in Garageband.  Can anyone help please?    

you can either:

1. turn audio into an apple loop & pitch it up / down using the pitch track

or

2 use pitch shifter plugin

neither work very well on sustained sounds

to create an apple loop from any audio, the audio must be set to a length of full bars (one or more), then you just drag it to the loop library, the opo up appears; title it etc & save, then find it in loops and drag it onto track and pitch up using the pitch track

or add pitch plugin  in the Smart Control panel and pitch it there.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/5             16-Dec-15  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

Alastair

admin wrote:

Alastair wrote:

Ive been trying, without success, to find out how to transpose an imported wav file in Garageband (latest version) on an Imac.  Ive searched everywhere for the answer, including youtube, Apple online & telephone help without any success.  Im considering purchasing Logic Pro X, but wont until it is confirmed that this can be done in Garageband.  Can anyone help please?    

you can either:

or

to create an apple loop from any audio, the audio must be set to a length of full bars (one or more), then you just drag it to the loop library, the opo up appears; title it etc & save, then find it in loops and drag it onto track and pitch up using the pitch track

admin wrote:

Alastair wrote:

you can either:

or

Message 4/5             16-Dec-15  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

Alastair

Thanks 'Old Skool' for your response.  Before posting my question, I did create a loop and managed to transpose it, but it sounded distorted on playback.  I also tried the pitch shifter, but found that it was meant only for vocals and, again, the result was disappointing.  As stated in the question, I have spoken to Apple and they, so far, have not come up with any solutions.
Once again, your response is appreciated.  

Message 5/5             20-Dec-15  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Transpose a wav track imported into Garageband on an iMac

k

Link?: Link

Alastair wrote:

Thanks Old Skool for your response.  Before posting my question, I did create a loop and managed to transpose it, but it sounded distorted on playback.  I also tried the pitch shifter, but found that it was meant only for vocals and, again, the result was disappointing.  As stated in the question, I have spoken to Apple and they, so far, have not come up with any solutions.
Once again, your response is appreciated.  

you can also do this:

but similar to Apple loops when you pitch the audio regions it doesnt sound 100% perfect and some material works better than others.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot