aaa Logic V Drum Midi Mapping - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Logic V Drum Midi Mapping

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             13-Mar-21  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Logic V Drum Midi Mapping

Bob Alot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wo_w9b3LbQ&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwl-u6nUFk&t=0s 

I recently attempted to record Roland V-Drums into Logic Pro. The 2 videos that I linked above were very helpful in setting the drums up so that we could get sound.  In the 2nd video, it shows how to reroute the midi so that you can use different drum plugins.  

However, I would like to take a different approach and am having problems doing so.  I would like to simply take the midi region from the original live drum performance and move it to another or multiple other new software regions and assign the midi notes where I want them.

For example: Lets say all the drummer played was ride, kick and snare.  I would like to select all the ride hits and move them to where the ride would be in my new software instrument (usually D#2) and then select all the kick notes and manually place them in C1 and the snare notes in C2.

I am unable to do this for some reason.  It seems like the midi region is still assigned to some other type of midi routing.  I don't care at all about the routing or any other data.  All I want to do is have the midi notes and be able to use them as if I triggered them myself from a keyboard or drumpad.

Is there anyway I can seperate the midi region from all of its data and just use the midi notes how I want them?

Any and all advice is much appreciated, Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot