aaa ABLETON LIVE - What do you think? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             26-Sep-02  @  08:24 PM   -   ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

bunky

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been playing with it for a while and I think it's really solid. Anybody tried gigging with it, or doing ad-lib jam stuff? The more I play with it, the more I realise that a whole set could easily be run off a laptop.

Cool.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             28-Sep-02  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

milan

Link?: Link

yup. never used it myself, but a couple of my friends do a successfull live act with it.

Message 3/31             30-Sep-02  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

bunky

Um, thanks!

:/

Message 4/31             10-Oct-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

espoo2

BEST software around for live performance, bar none. Been using it awhile now, and it is AMAZING>

Very intuitive interface, NEVER CRACKLES or misses a beat, not to mention great effects.

I couldn't give any other software a higher recommendation for live use.

It's more reliable than my hardware.

Message 5/31             11-Oct-02  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

Pongoid

I have a buddy who uses it. I've seen it work flawlessly, and I've seen it almost kill my buddy's iBook2. I dunno. It seems really neat for live manipulation od sound in the digital realm, but it also seems like mouse-rock. My buddy uses an 828 and a pc1600x with it, and it's neat, but I still love my hardware. Personal preference. He sets up in five minutes, and breaks down as fast. I take four to five times that wth my hardware. There are advantages to each. Some really love the convenience and cleanliness of all digital sound. I don't but that's me. It's a cool tool. I'd certainly use it for some gigs if I was so equipped.

Ape

Message 6/31             11-Oct-02  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

influx

what do you mean about nearly killing the ibook?

same guy? just freaky circumstances where it didnt work, but then worked fine others?

Message 7/31             14-Oct-02  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

Lunarsea

I use it live on my G4 powerbook with a
evolution Ucontrol16 and its amazing,flexible
as .i used to take hardware out but i
would dream of doing that now !

Message 8/31             14-Oct-02  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

lunarsea

oh they took out my rude word......sounds like
'duck'  

Message 9/31             15-Oct-02  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

errata

hehehe "Mouse Rock" I like that, P...

Thanks

e

Message 10/31             15-Oct-02  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: ABLETON LIVE - What do you think?

horizens

man, i wonder what gives. i love the program for a
lot of reasons, but one thing that is really annoying
is how it won't lock some loops in tight. unless i
would go through before a a liveset and set
everything up (all of the hitpoints in the loops) so
they were all on beat and solid, i wouldn't feel
comfortable using it live. is it just the alogrthym?
they need to get it more stable like acid or
something.

anyone else found that to be the case?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)