aaa live jungle in london - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: live jungle in london

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             24-Oct-02  @  12:24 PM   -   live jungle in london

falltdfex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please someone help me.Im trying book gigs around london can any1 suggest good places to gig with a live breakbeat/jungle/hiphop band.We have played at the kings head in fulham very good venue but cant get another gig there cause we do dance music and they only seem to have indie/rock bands playing.also they seem to have this stupid rule that even if its ur first gig and u dont get 50 people there they wont rebook u,how do they expect u to get a following

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             24-Oct-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

Link?:  Link

which venue has got that rule?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/21             24-Oct-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

pretty much most of them.its really pissing me off we did a storming gig at the kings head but they wont give us another 1

Message 4/21             24-Oct-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

centrifugalsound@junglist.com

you could try asking them for ideas.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/21             24-Oct-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

did but the geezer was not very helpful just wasnt interested.Im aiming at universities at the moment seems like a better option

Message 6/21             24-Oct-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

milan

Link?: Link

maybe you should work more on your pr skills? hustling aint easy...

Message 7/21             24-Oct-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

belive me i have

Message 8/21             25-Oct-02  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: live jungle in london

Pongoid

Link?: Link

how do they know if you bring fifty?
people requesting you at the door?
The club is empty? Find some DJ that's popular, and either open for him, or have him open for you, play together, and let the owners try to say who brought the crowd. More important, than the number of heads, though, is how well you rock the folks there, cuz even if it's only like 20 kids, and they dance their asses off, they'll spread the word, and then you've got it made.

Good Luck

Ape

Message 9/21             25-Oct-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

they know by people requesting us and bringing our flyers.we did rock the whole place all the bar staff loved us and every1 else there.i sold shed loads of cds 2.But that dont seem to matter to them there just interested in the £s

Message 10/21             25-Oct-02  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

why doncha get a dub plate cut and go round promoting that to get things going?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)