aaa mmt8 sucks! what else? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: mmt8 sucks! what else?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33             11-Dec-02  @  06:51 PM   -   mmt8 sucks! what else?

jp

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

why anyone would continue to use this arcaic box of garbage is beyond me. yes, i'm bitter, i just started using one a couple months ago and last night i lost EVERYTHING! you can't even back your data up properly. recording pings onto a tape recorded or HD. what is that all about. sure, it was great 30 years ago maybe but there surely must be something better now right?

the main reason i started using it was so that i would not have to stop and start between tracks. i want to have a continuos non stop thing going on. can you do this on an mpc?

basically, this is what i want the sequencer to do:

1. controll midi
2. be able to play an entire set (at least 1 hour) without having to stop and start
3. it would be great to find one that could record onthe fly

any suggestions? i'd even consider a laptop if these ideas where worked out. please help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/33             11-Dec-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

xoxos

Link?: Link

yam qx21 sucks as well!

properly?   used to write all my shit down on paper.. here's some real shit tho (shit shit shit) i have this old coco computer.. 20+ years old.. something's blown so it takes 1/2 hour to 'warm up' when you turn it on. dood.. it will *still* load from tape.. (voice synth.. yum) the same tape!! i'd be scared of a floppy 1/4 it's age..

okay. old timer mode fin. get two :p been ages since i used my q80.. no clue under what conditions it switches songs well.

Message 3/33             11-Dec-02  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

jp

i actually have 2 mmt8s...but backing up is too much effort to be practicle. writing it down on paper isn't a bad idea though. the last time my roommates mmt8 crashed b4 a show he rewrote everything into it in the few hours b4 showtime. and it was a good show. still, that sounds like crazy talk to me. surely there must be a better alternative?

Message 4/33             11-Dec-02  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

99devils

RM1X.

-Craig

Message 5/33             11-Dec-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

jp

i've heard lots of nasty rumors that the rm1x glitches and is not solid when transitioning between songs. are you playing continuously with it? and are you using external midi with it?

Message 6/33             11-Dec-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

jp

i'm thinking about trying an mpc. any comments on that?

Message 7/33             11-Dec-02  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

Maarten

Only that I'm a satsfied user, can't imagine doing anything without it. That's all  

Message 8/33             11-Dec-02  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

nomad

i've been told the MPC sequencers allow record-during-play (specifically the asq10 was the object discussed), but i've never used one personally.

the rs7000 reportedly can now do this as well...

Message 9/33             12-Dec-02  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

errata

The Rm1x only glitches when trigger the internal synth when you change from song to song. It's sequencer is rock solid and works great with external gear. Ideally you want 2 sequencers..

e

Message 10/33             12-Dec-02  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: mmt8 sucks! what else?

JP

why two?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)