aaa Emu Command Stations? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Emu Command Stations?

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/2             23-Sep-03  @  02:43 AM   -   Emu Command Stations?

Influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I remember some of you using these here...

for live?

curious, but...with an Ultra sampler, you can burn your own ROM, right? so...you could effectively burn your own sounds...all your samples, etc, and pop that in the command station?

why the fuck didnt they make the damn thing with a SAMPLER!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             23-Sep-03  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: Emu Command Stations?

errata

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Cause they want you to buy an emu Ultra.. hehehe... yeah, that's the word, it takes Ultra roms... I just got one 2 months ago. Took me a bit to get to where I had enough writtewn with it to take it out, but I've played live with it twice... And I dig it all to hell... good synth, excellent sequencer... blah blah blah.

I will say, it's a bit clunky to write on. Not very intuitive as a composer, but once you've got what you want (takes some work as I say) it's great for taking out! And with the new OS all the stability probs are a straightened out.

BUT... the clock's off a bit! Not a problem for me, because I sync to an external clock with all of my sequencers on stage, but if you're running it and another sequencer without syncing them, you'll hear the difference!!!

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)