aaa akai mpc200xl 4 live gig - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: akai mpc200xl 4 live gig

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/4             28-Nov-04  @  12:58 AM   -   akai mpc200xl 4 live gig

nexplosion

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hello there..need a bit of help..i using a hardware setup in my studio at the moment
and in new year am starting a few live sets....so,if you have a mpc200xl and use it
for your live gigs heres a question..

i will be doing about an hours set,acid house,old skool music so ithe music needs
to be constant..should i just create one long midi file on my computer(which is
what i use at home for sqeuncing)of all tracks then just press play,run around like
an idiot changing sound patterns and playing dodgie riffs

foris there another way to do it...thanks for any help if its givin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Nov-04  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: akai mpc200xl 4 live gig

psylichon

I'm not a live guy at all. But from my understanding of the subject, if you want to be "smooth," run redundant systems synced up. Two MPC's will give you a whole lot of flexibility with mixing, and a whole bunch of creative options if you start to think about it.

Message 3/4             28-Nov-04  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: akai mpc200xl 4 live gig

milan

a) search these forums (searcf function up ^^there), there is a LOT of info and oppinions on this.

b) think about using a simple sampler or a minidisc even to play some ambient bits/samples in between the tunes while you decide what to play next, load the tracks, or whatever

Message 4/4             28-Nov-04  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: akai mpc200xl 4 live gig

nexplosion

i,a thought of maybe say if i have i had 12 tracks in a set,maybe a few following
into each other then maybe the others i could just had pad or string lines
inbetween....supose its all trail and error in my studio before i hit the road

Pages: 1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot