aaa Do you recreate your studio trax? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Do you recreate your studio trax?

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/7             04-Apr-02  @  04:28 PM   -   Do you recreate your studio trax?

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Another polling question? Do you try and create your studio tracks live? I suspect folk are gonna run the gamut on this one...

Myself, I never bother and I never try to play the same set twice. Occasionally you'll hear a phrase or a sample that also made it's way into me studio trax, but at least since leaving the rock bands behind, I've never tried to duplicate a studio track live...

I know a lot of folks that do try and get close, or at least somewhat close to their studio trax. I just like the spontaneous feel better mesef, plus it keeps me frosty on comin' up with new lines and whatnot...

Peace

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             04-Apr-02  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

Mindspawn

Actually, the part about not playing the same set twice ain't completely true. Often when I've worked with guitarists, vocalists, and such, they prefer to have some sort of structure to rely on, so in some cases I do pretty much dupilicate a set....

Peace

Message 3/7             05-Apr-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

Pongoid

I've done live remixes of bits and pieces of studio trax, but they're two different things entirely for me. Live tends to be much more 'live' and interactive with whoever is listening.

Ape

Message 4/7             05-Apr-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

Maarten

My whole way of approach, setup and recording is pretty live oriënted. It's pretty much due to the fact that I never go into song mode on the MPC and always fool around with the short sequences and trigger-pads during recording. Then it goes into SoundForge (mono) and I eq things there. If I f&^ked up somewhere I'll do it over and the same track will be slightly to extremely different in length and build-up. I'm starting to investigate different means of recording though cause I really want to benifit from recording seperate tracks to eq/compress and limit independently.

-M-

Message 5/7             05-Apr-02  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

damballah

not like I'm some sorta expert, but no, sounds too much like work. and working with cubase, I tend to try to exploit certain aspects that are available there. I look at what I'm attempting to pull off more like fashioning a set of legos for each song in the set. The sounds, the samples, the riddims, the parts, the eq, the effects -- they all kinda interlock a certain way, but they don't have to build the same thing every time. I'm kind of establishing a starting point for each piece, but where it goes from there would be variable. of course, I may decide to record these things at some point. which might be cool in that I could just capture a performance to 2-track which is quite a bit different, like more spontaneous, than painstakingly multitracking every bit and getting anal about things mixing it in software.

Message 6/7             05-Apr-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

formant

Link?:  Link

i will be doing 16 bar loops for beats and change ups and reaktor...

all of that in sonar. so i don't plan on actually structuring out the song in sonar, just moving the loops to the live rig and then if i need a single or whatever i will just record it as i play it...

as for older tunes that were made before i wanted to go live, i haven't decided yet.

jamey

Message 7/7             05-Apr-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Do you recreate your studio trax?

Frostbyte

Link?:  Link

I press record and so be it.

work, anti-slacker, yuk.

Pages: 1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)