aaa Resources for 70's / 80's Reggae Dub Techniques - Theory / composition / technique forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Resources for 70's / 80's Reggae Dub Techniques

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/1             26-Oct-18  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Resources for 70's / 80's Reggae Dub Techniques

danmtech222

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Dancetech & everyone

I have just joined and this is my first post.

I have been brought here by the excellent tutorials up on youtube, particularly the reggae/dub series.

I am doing a masters in music production and for my negotiated study module I have decided to focus on 'The Evolution of Dub as a Sub-Genre of Reggae'.

I will write a short report about the topic, but my main focus will be on producing a dub track, following as closely as possible the techniques used by pioneers such as King Tubby and Lee 'Scratch' Perry. 

I have been a casual listener of reggae and dub for many years, but I have no real experience of working within the genre, so I am asking for any help in pointing me to resources or offering advice.

The module is quite short and I am hoping to have the track completed by the first week of December!!

I have sourced a load of decent books and journals on the topic, but if anyone could offer any links to useful stuff (interviews, videos etc), or even advice based on personal experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dan79 - danmtech222@gmail.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot