Studio Electronics ATC1
Category: Products / synth / new analog mono
Added: 17-Dec-98 | Author: admin
New price: 599 gbp | S/H price: ??
Studio Electronics ATC1
Right!..... wanna analog monosynth?.... wanna replicate the Classic Moog(24db), Oberheim S.E.M.(12db low/ bandpass), ARP(2600 modular), and Roland TB-303(18db) filters ??..... Well, this could be your dream babe !!...... The SE team are from west coast US .... and these guys apparently were getting into laser-etching new moog boards and rackmounting them as well as rackmounting and midi'ing up lots of other old classics, such as the TR-808, Sequential Circuits Prophet V, Oberheim SEM, Moog MiniMoog etc etc....
So.... They decided to make their own !..... and the ATC-1 is the result.... (it aint a new product, but here it is)..... and it's 100% midi'd analog....with a twist........
The ATC-1, has a slot at the back into which you can plug any of the 4 available filter cartridges..... these are freely interchangable, but.... if you want access to all 4 at once without unplugging and grovelling around inside your rack, well you just add the rack-mount filter bank for a price of £ 149 squids and then all 4 are accessible at the touch of a few buttons........(i dunno if they are switchable during a performance via midi or not)
[ATC filter cart's]
The ATC-1 is a very powerful synth, and is heavily discounted right now, havibng previously been selling for somewhere around the £ 900-1000 mark....... I have only messed with it a little in a demo room, but it was very analog....fat, and screaming...... here's the spec's..... I'm trying to get some demo audio (oi-vey!!.. the story of my life !!)....... until then, add your comments please.....A well respected synth !!!
- Both include triangle, saw, and variable pulse waveforms.
- Waveforms available individually, as well as simultaneously.
- Osc 2 can be synced to Osc 1.
- Oscillator cross modulation.
- Oscillator tuning has been stabilized to prevent drift.
- Cartridge based system allows for user selectable filter responce via interchangeable filter cartriges.
- Filter types available: Classic Moog(24db), Oberheim S.E.M.(12db low/ bandpass), ARP(2600 modular), and Roland(TB-303).
- All are four stage(ADSR).
- Envelope 1 and 2 control VCF and VCA.
- Destinations for envelope 3 include: VCF resonance, Osc 2 pitch, Osc 2 level, Osc 1 & 2 pulse width, LFO 1 & 2 depth, LFO 2 rate, Xmod amount, and noise level.
- Waveforms include: Triangle, saw up, saw down, square, random, and noise.
- Destinations include: Osc 1 & 2 pitch, Osc 1 & 2 pulse width, Osc 2 level, Xmod amount, VCF cutoff frequency, VCF resonance, noise level, and VCA.
- Assignable to pitch bend: Pitch, Osc 1 frequency, and/or Osc 2 frequency, VCF frequency.
- Assignable to aftertouch and/or mod wheel: VCF frequency, VCF resonance, Osc 2 frequency, Osc 2 level, Osc 2 pulse width, LFO 1&2 depth, LFO 2 rate, Xmod amount, and noise level.,
- Assignable to velocity: Envelope 1, 2 and 3 amounts, VCF frequency, VCF resonance, Osc 2 frequency, Osc 2 level, Osc 2 pulse width, and noise level.
- Also receives: Program change, glide on/off, glide time, hold, and midi volume. VCO, VCF, Envelope, and Modulation parameters accessible via fixed continuous controller assignments.
- Sends: System exclusive patch info and parameter value as controller info.
- Glide and auto glide: Glide pitch from note to note or from a chosen interval up or down.
- Envelope inverting: Invert envelopes 1 and/or 3
- Multiple trigger: Re-key envelopes 1 and/or 3.
- Free-run control: Configure envelopes 1 and 3 to act as LFOs.
- Midi clock to LFO 2: Sync LFO to incoming midi clock info. Select from seven different beat divisions.
- External input: Modify incoming audio signal.
- Audio frequency modulation: Assign Osc 2 to modulate Osc 1 frequency and/or VCF frequency.
- Output: Mono high level
- CV and Gate in and out: Interface with older analog synthesizers and sequencers.
- Memory: 512 patches in RAM.
- Power: Auto switching 90 to 250 volts AC.
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
Last added comment
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 55 | Total votes: 12