Category: Products / synth / new analog mono
Added: 18-Dec-98 | Author: admin
New price: £ 299 - 698 DM - $450... CHEAP !! | S/H price: ??
Doepfer MS-404MS-404 is a MIDI-controlled monophonic GENUINE analog synthesizer coming from Doepfer in Germany, and is one of the few affordable alternatives to second hand vintage synths out there on the market apart from the likes of Syntechno and the forthcoming midi'd Energiser, ATC etc.... but this unit is VERY well priced compared to those units....
Well, I saw this unit in SOS, and thought i'd bung it in the list..... dont have anything other than spec's, so I'll post 'em up, and if any of you uses one, then please add as many useful user comments and notes as possible... Cheers !
Right.......... here's the spec....
- real VCO (no DCO), switchable between sawtooth / off / rectangle (pulse)
- pulsewidth of rectangle adjustable, pulsewidth modulation with LFO1
- glide time adjustable, glide on/off via MIDI-Controller #65 (Portamento)
- frequency modulation with LFO1, even in audio range for producing typical FM sounds
- white noise as alternative sound source (switcheable instead of VCO)
- 24dB resonance filter (low pass), resonance/emphasis adjustable up to self oscillation !!
- Filter frequency may be controlled via any MIDI controller and/or MIDI velocity
- frequency modulation with LFO2, even in audio range for metallic/FM sounds
- keyboard tracking switchable off/half/full (continued on following page)
- envelope amount (accent) controllable via MIDI volume (ctr.#7) and/or velocity effect of accent adjustable (accent knob)
- full ADSR type (Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release)
- 3 frequency ranges from sub-LFO (some minutes oscillation period) up to audio (max. 5kHz)
- LFO waveform triangle, frequency and level adjustable
- LFO1: to VCO frequency or VCO pulsewidth modulation switchable
- LFO2: VCF frequency
- External Audio Input, level adjustable.... alternative sound source instead of VCO or Noise
- MIDI-CV Interface (internal):
- MIDI channel and transpose (reference note) selectable via learn button
- retrigger on/off (new trigger if playing legato)
- controlling of glide on/off via Controller #65
- controlling of VCF frequency via any Controller and/or Velocity
- controlling of VCA envelope amount via Controller #7 and/or velocity
- two 1/4" jack sockets for CV und Gate Output (may be changed to CV/Gate Input when changing jumpers inside by authorized dealers)
- light grey 19" housing, 1 unit
Well, there's the list....... basically a 100% analog synth, with a midi to Cv converter built in...... you can play it via a midi keyboard, sweep the filter cut-off via midi or control the VCA envelope amount, switch the portamento (glide).... similar to a BD9 in it's midi control spec'........ In common with other units of this type, it also functions as a midi to CV device to control another synth.... you can also get it from the factory fitted the other way round, so it recieves CV to allow control from an external unit, or apparently, if you call the company, they'll fit it with a switch to toggle between the two modes.....You can also plug an external audio source into the MS-404 to apply the units modelling capabilities to ouside sources.....
Well, looks pretty tasty... and is supposed to sound pretty damned good.... so... comments please....... And by the way, check the Doepfer pages, where you'll see a monster modular analog system they do comprising of about 20 or so modules that you can mix & match into a system...
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
Last added comment
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 44 | Total votes: 12