aaa MESA truncating error to S2000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MESA truncating error to S2000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             30-Oct-99  @  08:48 AM   -   MESA truncating error to S2000

wererich

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone else have this problem? When you truncate in the audio editor to the right length, and then slide that over to the sampler, it gets shortened...it screws up your drum samples

please...someone...anyone...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             02-Nov-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

ajacks

Yes. I got all sorts of similar problems.
I bought s2000 hoping to be able to do all sample editing in mesa for pc, sending samples to and from the sampler. After buying a good scsi card and s2000 I found I had glitches and crackle in samples after sending from pc. Also truncation and sample loop points moved etc.
Sampler: s2000 now for sale.

Anthony

Message 3/16             02-Nov-99  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

k

what about using a different s/w ?

Message 4/16             03-Nov-99  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

99devils

I don't currently use MESA or any other editor to edit samples. I'm working from the front panel only...

Glutton for punishment I guess.

-Craig

Message 5/16             29-Nov-99  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

wererich

Can't use the front panel for internet downloaded samples or CDs without re-sampling...don't you ever like to pull stuff in digitally?

Message 6/16             29-Nov-99  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

99devils

Usually I just use the analog outs on the sound card to the analog ins on my S2000. I tend to only use the sampler for sampling things... A little noise usually just gives my industrial tunes some character :-)

-Craig

Message 7/16             17-Dec-99  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

delta_m_music

Link?: Link

I've an Akai S2000 and experienced problems with MESA II too. Luckily there are several alternatives: Millennium and NiceWave are programs like MESA, they only work better. Another way to get samples from your pc in your sampler is using AkaiDisk. That's a little tool to read and write Akai disks in your PC. For more questions: mail me.

Message 8/16             30-Dec-99  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

xoxos

i've been using akaidisk forever, and it does give excellent, reliable, if slow results. option would be to use the digital in for recording samples??

if anyone's got any other thoughts on these other interface proggies, i'm eventually going to do the scsi thingy for editing samples, so i'd be glad to hear 'em.

Message 9/16             02-Jan-00  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

Purple Haze

Check out Nicewave:

http://www.nicey.com/technology/nicewave/

Version 1 is free, 2 is still being beta-tested. Might not look as nice as mesa, but it hasn't crashed yet and does the job for me.

Message 10/16             02-Jan-00  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: MESA truncating error to S2000

Purple Haze

By the way... late october a new version of mesa II (1.2) was released... check it on:

http://www.akaipro.com/software-MESApc.html#download

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)