aaa Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             31-Oct-99  @  11:27 PM   -   Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

jav123

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The already out for a long time seems better by specs that pre S 5000/6000 akays, even it seems that it has more personality that theses lasts, now yamaha has announced (unoficially) a 4000 and A 5000 ( no specs thought).

But l would like to know from you, akay fans a defense of your samplers, also a curiosity, S 5000/6000 are announced to have many kind of filters, fine, but how many simultaneous ones can you have in a sample/program?.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             01-Nov-99  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

nobody

Link?:  Link

please spell akai akai, not akay, ok? every keygroup can have its own filter with an s5/s6..so that's a bunch

Message 3/18             02-Nov-99  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Nexus9

Dont mean 2 sound rude Nobody but the point of language is 2 communicate and he`s doing that jus` fine.

Message 4/18             02-Nov-99  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

bill gates

dont buy the a3000. wait to see the new yamahas if you can, if not then check out both the akai and the new emu's

Message 5/18             15-Nov-99  @  05:43 PM   -   AKAI vs Yamaha

haijee

I heard the a3000 v 2 was a pretty damnm fine machine... fx and stuff included... Most people I headr that own one of those claim it sound way better then any Akai. The thing is that Akais are still more or less industry standard and have HUGE sample libraries available, it also seems a bit of a statement to have one of those in yer studio. Makes you look more pro or something..hell iŽm ramlbing arenŽt i? Personally I think IŽll be buying the yammy pretty soon (as my first step AWAY from computerbased sampling...) just need my paycheck to come in ....

LAter

Bastiaan

Message 6/18             17-Nov-99  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

pelle

If you use a 61 key, controller/synth than you have a filter for each key and also zones.
As far as Yamaha, they are still learning from AKAI and EMU.
AS far as bugs in AKAI S5000, I haven't found a new bug yet with the latest OS 1.30.

Message 7/18             19-Nov-99  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

me

I havn't got a Yamaha yet, but the fx/ dsp functions shit all over Akai/ Emu's.
I've got an emu ultra and thinking of getting the new Yam when it comes out.
Personally, i think Emu/ Akai are fine for all types of music especially Orchestra, film etc... But the Yams are great for cutting edge music.
When i sample, i want to manipulate, not just to playback and filter. That's what makes the yams so appealing to me.

Message 8/18             02-Dec-99  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

wayneb

have a look at
www.a3kcentral.com

lots of specs....

Message 9/18             05-Dec-99  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Jasper

I've owned an akai s2000 and I currently own an a3000, the a3k's better by far.. I miss not being able to change sounds for a channel on the fly like the akai's can though.. but on the other hand, 6 midi controlers for each sample to use one the filter and the fx units, 3 good workhorse fx units which can have any fx assigned to them independantly or in different configurations, and it's a doddle to assign a controler, you just press the button for the control number then turn the knob on your synth and it's set... fuckin great I tells ya. the machines an inspiration to me every time I switch it on. I aint used anything else in my sudio for about a year now (apart from sampling them).

Message 10/18             06-Dec-99  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

R-Tek

Aye, now that I`ve seen the specs for the nu Yam`s; I`m definately looking 2 sell my Ultra. The Ultras a wicked sampler (as r the Akai range) but it cant fuk around with sound the way the Yammys can. That said, I`ve also applied 4 finance 2 get an MPC2000xl cos I`m sick of fucking computer sequencing..............I think the phrase is "gear whore"

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)