aaa breakbeats with a sampler - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: breakbeats with a sampler

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             18-Dec-99  @  07:41 PM   -   breakbeats with a sampler

Ady

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to know which sampler is best for breakbeats

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             19-Dec-99  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

k

any sampler will do it

Message 3/25             24-Dec-99  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

rustynail

Kilo is absolutely correct....

Its all in the sequencing....

I also hear that the newer EMU samplers have a lot of neat processing features that may be useful with breaks... but I dunno for sure, since I never actually used one.

Shawn

Message 4/25             24-Dec-99  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

R-Tek

Nah, that beat munger on the ultra is a bit hit and miss really - sometimes you`ll get great results, but all too often the damn thing will only find 2 or 3 beats in a yer bar. No big deal though, knowing e-mu, they`ll sort it properly into something more along the lines of recycle with and OS update.

Message 5/25             27-Dec-99  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

wai

Beat Munge is good, infact v.good, but for tempos below 120bpm. Not much use for a junglist like me. but i tried time expanding a 170 amen into 85, with swing feel and it sounds real cool

Message 6/25             22-Jan-00  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

chris

I know this is the Akai chat area but...the sp-808 is pretty good for doing this.Once you make a beat(or sample one) you can lay a few measures down on the sequencer and then rearrange it using the cut and paste features.Then all you have to do is transfer your beat back to a sample pad.It's so easy.

Message 7/25             23-Jan-00  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

R-Tek

U can do that on virtually any sampler, and you`ll prolly get more than 4 note poly and even envelopes.........and mom-proprietry(sp?) format thatll let u send samples between that and other samplers and/or computers for extra processing.

Message 8/25             24-Jan-00  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

chris

Hey R-tek why don't you give this sampler a try before you dis it! You obviously don't know much about it besides what you've read. You can send samples to your computer. They are in .wav or .aiff files. It does have envelopes and filters and such.The four note polyphony is not even a problem.RESAMPLE< RESAMPLE< RESAMPLE. Check one of these things, or just don't say anything at all. The demo is not that great, I warned you.

P.s. I got music going up on MP3.com soon, all done with the sp-808.Do have any music R-tek? That was done with your big bad equipment.MPC right...

Message 9/25             24-Jan-00  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

R-Tek

I don`t need 2 have used one 2 know that an upgraded SP202 is gonna b lacking next 2 a proper rackmount.

Message 10/25             24-Jan-00  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: breakbeats with a sampler

chris

Check it out R-tek, I don't come to this site to get my gear put down. If I wanted that I would go to the skratchpiklz website. Do you ever hear me say MPC 2000XL, what a piece of shit...the emu 6400 ultra fucking sucks.HELL NO. Keep it to your self. The sp-808 is no where near the sp-202 anyway. You are so wrong. Also, what you are doing is probably different from what I do, so my gear may not accomodate you like it does me. Peace.

Oh yeah, what about those tracks? Ya got anything to show, bro?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)