aaa New MPC2000xl user questions - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: New MPC2000xl user questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             05-Apr-00  @  07:47 PM   -   New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have just added a MPC2000xl to my studio and have a question. Is there a way to set the samples to play only while I hold the pad down versus triggering the sample and it play all the way through?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             05-Apr-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

yep, go programs and in the lower right corner set poly to note off, u really outa try the manual its great for this sorta stuff  

Message 3/34             06-Apr-00  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan Wagner

Link?:  Link

Thanks for your help. Can this be set per sample or system wide.

Message 4/34             06-Apr-00  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

my MPC aint 2 hand right now, but I think its per sample only............wait, maybe it aint.....ummmmmmm yeah, read the manual dude, prolly in the creating + editing programs section.

Message 5/34             07-Apr-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll thumb through the manual.

Message 6/34             10-Apr-00  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Link?: Link

Has anybody had any luck with the 1.11 OS upgrade? I'm still on 1.06 because every other one has been more buggy in my experience. (1.10 was by FAR the worst! CRAZY Debug mode crashes!)

Message 7/34             11-Apr-00  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

(sheepish grin) they`ve all been good 4 me ModasBlue, its yet 2 crash on me once running any of the OSs even on 8 hour sessions with stsex and contoller data flying everywhere. However, just recently I`ve only been playing around with some drum programs cos I aint had any great ideas. But yesterday, it all came flying in thick and fast, I did about 2 hours work and then did a sysex dump from my emu 2 change some parameters round and my emu crashed...........and no, I hadn`t saved anything (in the emu, I always save the MPC stuff cos u cant trust it) and it all went down the pan. That was on 1.11, I`m gonna try em all out later today cos it used 2 work fine. What is it with akai? dont they test their stuff b4 releasing it? Just seems 4 ecery 1 bug they fix, the introduce another 2. I still love the old girl though, I just wish she wouldn`t give me so much shit.

Message 8/34             13-Apr-00  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Link?: Link

Heh, I've been through that... I've got a REALLY simple setup though (MPC, 8080 and Korg Poly-800). Everything and anything is saved on my MPC (including patches on my 8080 through sysex dumps...keeps everything tidied up in one MIDI file) ...

I just leave the bastard on all day and save 20 sequences all at once like a week later and give it a rest. I know that's bad but...hey, I leave my computer on all day,so...

But, I love it anyway...I just need to move my shit into the same room as my computer so that I can I can more fully integrate COolEdit and softsynths into my setup.

Message 9/34             14-Apr-00  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

Link?:  Link

hey mpc users, tell me:

can you send to & recieve sysex data from other devices (for backup, you know) with these mpc dealys??

Message 10/34             14-Apr-00  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

yup.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)