aaa S5000 OS - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: S5000 OS

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-May-00  @  06:17 AM   -   S5000 OS

swampman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A question for the s5000 owners out there: Is the OS stable? Rock solid or just ok?

I've just had enough with my Yamaha A5000 partition crashes and want something really stable.

Can any of you please give me the good and bad regarding this sampler!?

/SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             08-May-00  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: S5000 OS

Shoto

Ya, its stable, has not crashed yet, but twice in its history on this os, the sampler started to be sluggish, slower than it normally is, changing screens one could notice it big time, switching off and back on sorted it out, maybe its the ram, dunno but the sampler is good really good for making music, none of that `freak` programming abilities the new yammies have.

Message 3/12             13-May-00  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: S5000 OS

Swamp

Thanks!

/swamp

Message 4/12             14-May-00  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: S5000 OS

KZ

The carshes you hear about now and then are due to using
generic memory. I replaced the memory with mitsubishi and have never had a crash and rev 1.30 is as stable as they come.
pluse with the rev 1.40 you will be able to use USB instead of SCSI and few other goods.

Message 5/12             28-May-00  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: S5000 OS

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT BUYING S5/6000

Link?: Link

I suppose nobody owned an S3000XL before getting an S5000.NO MONO/LEGATO,NO MIDIFILE PLAYER,CANNOT BE USED W/ RECYCLE,and NO PORTAMENTO. .I have been calling Akai every month for the year I have owned this thing and they used to say that all these things were coming,however,now they tell me that these things are complicated and that because the OS is different from all other Akai samplers they just don't know if or when.SAVE HUNDREDS AND BUY THE S3000XL.For now the S5000 is the world's highest spec paperweight.DON'T try to get in a fight with me about this(I am Very Very upset about this and I really would like to hurt somebody for this bullshit{So much for my beloved MS20,SH101,and Pro1 sound library}.SO GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY!!!)ALSO ANYONE INTERESTED IN HELPING ME MAKE AKAI PAY FOR THIS LEAVE AN EMAIL UP HERE AND I WILL CONTACT.(IT'S TIME FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD TO KNOW.)YES THIS ISSUE DOES MAKE ME PSYCHOTIC.

disclaimer:the above comments are not to be taken out of context.Under no circumstances do I own any pitbulls,AK47s,gold teeth,or 20" chrome.

Message 6/12             30-May-00  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: S5000 OS

G

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm also stuck in the same situation. I hear more and more story's of people getting rid of their S5000/6000 and buying a Emu Ultra. The only thing holding me back is S5000's great sound and Wave implementation, but that's about it.

G

Message 7/12             01-Jun-00  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: S5000 OS

throwing loot

Well it does seem to be a bit of a dog.The rep at akai told me I would regret it if I sold it.They already have my loot so I don't know why he would say that.He wouldn't go into any details though.Have you heard of any plans for this thing?

It's got a pretty screen

Message 8/12             02-Jun-00  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: S5000 OS

G

There appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel. I just read at the Akai users forum, that they are Beta testing the new OS which will come out soon. It will have most of the features we all greeved about (portomento,etc.) and a USB card option to work with your PC. I just hope it ain't a new OS with more new bugs.

Message 9/12             02-Jun-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: S5000 OS

H was mad as hell

Link?: Link

USB is new for akai so the OS will most likely have 2 so when they fix those they should create about 6 more.It didn't used to be this way w/ akai

Message 10/12             26-Jun-00  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: S5000 OS

eubak

I have owned s5000 for about 6 months now.. i previously had esi4000. I personally loved the filters on the esi over 5000. its my only complaint, oh along w/ it bieng a little sluggish at times. It usually happens when samples max out the ram(duh!)... i also love the wav. (dos format) .. if only emu would make that transition..

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)