aaa MPCxL wish list - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPCxL wish list

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             22-May-00  @  02:57 PM   -   MPCxL wish list

Druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

xpress your thought on how the MPCxL can b improved with future OS,

personaly I'd like to c

*fader actif in midi tracks (asignable cc)
*fader actif in mixer, (hold down shift and change the volume. pan & fx send with the fader!
*selectable tempo grid (4th 8th 16th resuloution) in trim window (like on the trinton or recycle wavesurgeon ect..
*normilize!
*autozerocross or loop crossfade

there's more I just don't have time right know, so just add to the list at will, but keep it realistic..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             22-May-00  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

*recording of mutes ( and the ability to erase all muted parts of tracks (convinient for the final midi file)
*ability to solo more than one track (group solo)
*more sample programing tools like HP BP Lfo's ..but I don't think thats likely as that would directly compete with the S2000 and the upcoming MPc5ooo.
* pitch envelope would b cool or the ability to route the pitch to one of the two envelopes
* selectable cc fade ins/outs (just pick a range by beat/bar set the curve and cc and prosess)

I have more just can't remeber.. anway I enjoy it like it is and what it can do and I'm not praying on these features 2 b added but I do think the xl can b much more.

Message 3/28             23-May-00  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

boy oh boy is everyone exited about this thread or what!!   ,. ..
but hey I'm cool with it, I like having my very own thread  

another thing, *add a function (like on the rm1x) splitt drum track into seperate tracks and merge tracks into one track

I know this is can b done by copying and erasing tracks, but it takes a while especially if u have that loop choped up on 10 tracks like I usually end up doing (its esyer to deal with the data that way), but in the end I'd like to merge thouse 10 tracks into 3 prehaps,.. I know I know I'm lazy, and havinng 64 tracks isn't helping ;)..

Message 4/28             23-May-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

ahhh.. its nice to just kick back in my own thread and enjoy the fresh air , what should I do? hmm.. I could practice my spelling .. not a bad idea ... no wait that will b boring as hell!!.. I wish DT would have colors to mess with, but what I really need is a sofa and some playboys.. err.. I don't really know why I'm typing this heh.. WEll what the phock would u do if u had your very own thread!!! and its not like u really have one is it, HA!, so just get out! yhea I'm pist, and u better not mess with me when I'm pist cos I can send u mail viruses.. and I will, I swear, ..honest.. I will.. ..

well wasn't that just a jolly good selfish speaking ego exersize.. yup I'm as happy. and that's all that matters in my own thread!

Message 5/28             24-May-00  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

another cool feature would b *revers midi data, so u could say have a brake which plays the bassline or cc or whatever back-wards ect.. am I getting too picky?..nahh..

Message 6/28             05-Jun-00  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

mpc dudes, did u know u can b in trim mode durning sequence playback when the mpc is synced to recive external midi clock!!!!

can anyone explain why we can't have that when the mpc is master (I'd think most users use it that way), don't tell me its prosessing power.. cos that would b real amaturish for them pros at akai.. anway if it possible this should b added to this hot thread as one more improvment for this woderful music box...

Message 7/28             09-Jun-00  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

shit, I`ve got loads   Hers a few while I remember the rest: the ability to assign the note variation slider 2 velocity,,,, assign the slider to all notes so u can get a pseudo-filter sweep effect,,,,some sort of feature where u can select a bar and it`ll give u the exact point at where all the beats fall withink that so u can track down and correct rogue notes easier,,,,ummmmmm.......digital eq would b nice...........I`ll b back anyway  

Message 8/28             12-Jun-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

moose

MPC5000?? What will it be able to do?

Moose.

Message 9/28             13-Jun-00  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

hello fellow beatmakers and welkome to the mighty kigndom of Druma (I dunno why I keep pushing this thread joke.. actually its so not funny that its actually funny  .. but anyway: R-tek massif tips velocty to fader is a must!! the assigning all samples to fader would b bad ass.. but I don't know what u mean by: feature where u can select a bar and it`ll give u the exact point at where all the beats fall?? ohhh and btw how about a VA synth to go along with the eq !^)

Message 10/28             14-Jun-00  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

ummm...what I mean is like, say u play in 4 bars live with quantize off and it sound great bar 2 dodgy notes in the 3rd bar. Now sorting that in the MPC requires u 2 either go into the shift-swing screen, punch in the rough area at which the beats falls and then guessing how many ticks it need 2 b shifted till it sounds right or u can just go into step edit, put quantise on 16, locate the rough area where the shite notes r and then turn quantise off, scroll thru till u find it and then copy,delete and then paste where u think it neeeds 2 b 2 sound correct.

So what I`m saying is, say instead I can go into a page, select the 3rd bar and then the MPC tells me numerically exactly where each hit lands (eg 003.01.00/ 003.01.88.....yada yada yada. Then I can just highlight the beat I need 2 sort with the cursor, press open window and it takes me automtically 2 that hit in the step edit screen. I`d find it a big help anyway, I guess I`m just being picky cos almost everything else on this box is so quick and easy 2 do.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)