aaa Vampires - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Vampires

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             22-Aug-00  @  08:53 AM   -   Vampires

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I need to vent here please....all month I've been planning to buy me a MPC2000XL. Tommorow is pay day for me , and guess what. Call the shop that's been advertising it for 2995 dutch guilders for the past few weeks today just to make sure it's in stock."Yeah ,we have one left but the price changed a wee bit; 3495" . I was like WTF?!! 500 increasement and I don't have it!!!
Damn damn damn it fuck!

-M-

Sorry , this all took place 5 minutes ago. Is this the case all over the place BTW?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             22-Aug-00  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Vampires

99devils

Link?:  No link

Dunno, but I'm sorry to hear about that...

http://www.musicians-gear.com: MPC2000 XL 1256.19 Euros

-Craig

Message 3/18             22-Aug-00  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Que? That's more like it!....hmm... cracking my brain on the math...... yeah , that should be even less than what I was gonna pay for in the first place ,I'll look into it,thanks alot.

-M-

Message 4/18             22-Aug-00  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Vampires

Bla

Where did you go to buy it? Feedback or some other joint? I want to buy one too in 2 months (and I'm dutch too).

Message 5/18             22-Aug-00  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Vampires

99devils

That price is without taxes, I think, so factor that in too. Musician's gear is the cheapest place on the net usually, although they sometimes have long delivery times.

Pongoid and a few others have bought Qs there.

-Craig

Message 6/18             23-Aug-00  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

I called Dijkman in Amsterdam (I'm from The Hague though),just because they advertised it way cheaper than all others.... buggers,turned ot to be the same/higher.
But I might have found a way out , friend of mine has a record store.And besides vinyl and turntables ,he also sells stuff like Korg Kaos pads.So I thought he gets it from some supplier of coarse so maybe he could order the MPC for me through that supplier and I'll be gettin it for dealer price!
crossing fingers crossing fingers itchy toes crossing fingers
And if that doesn't work out I'm gonna follow Craig's lead.

-M-

Message 7/18             23-Aug-00  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Graye

Yea, I'd go down that rout too but my credit card is fucked.
I heard of someone going to the nearest German city (well its next to Holland so) and paying with his girocard.
Anyone (Maarten?) know if its true you can buy in Germany with Dutch girocard?
I can travel free so that might be an option.

Message 8/18             23-Aug-00  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Yup...if it's EUROCARD (EC) enabled ,you can practicaly buy with it anywhere in europe.Which reminds me of the strangest thing... I was in Italy two years ago and shopped some with my bankcard/pin-card.I spent alot of money there without ever(!) entering my pin code.What kind of security is that eh?
Lose it and some dodo can empty it in no-time by just placing a foney signature .....
Off-topic,I know....

-M-

Message 9/18             23-Aug-00  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Vampires

r-tek

well, good luck with the mpc anyway Maarten, I haven`t had to buy a new lightbulb in my studio for ages such is the brightness of the light that shines out of my MPCs arse ;) Just take it for what it is tho, a sampling drumbox/sequencer.

Message 10/18             24-Aug-00  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Thanks R-tek , well I've been put on my knees and bowed for them blood-suckers... I've been soooo fixated on getting it this weekend for a long time now, my girlfriends gonna loan me the extra 5 if my lead by my mate's recordstore doesn't work out.Thanks for listening to my vent and the additional options y'all gave me .... must say ..was comforting.

-M-

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)