aaa s5000/6000 Users Please!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             02-Oct-00  @  02:18 PM   -   s5000/6000 Users Please!!

kevin smith

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am in the market for a high end sampler, and would like to know the current state of affairs regarding the s5000/6000 series. What bugs are still lingering? Has anyone used OSv2? Has anyone had the opportunity to test their new ak.sys control software?? Help, I need you experience, everyone!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             06-Oct-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

nobody

Link?:  Link

where are you at? i'm selling my S6000 with FX, cheap. well, like $1750. but i'm selling it. not that it doesn't work fine, or that it's at all damaged, i just am after a different sampler and that involves selling this one. but it is nice to buy new as well.

oh, OS 2 worked fine for me last time i tried.

Message 3/14             06-Oct-00  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

H

Nobody,contact Matt Horton there should be a link on his label's site at www.damagerecords.com he's the only other 5000 user i know and everytime i talk to him he's always whining about how he should have got the 6000.please sell it to him so he'll shut the hell up.just be firm he'll lowball you but he has a $300K setup in his living room so I know he has the flow.Make sure you disclose scratches dents and even rack screw marks to him he's a good guy but more annoying than me!He has a cherry MKS70(super jx) and PG800 I'm sure he'd love to trade into the deal.If you have access to eproms for drumulator drum traks or oberheim dx he'll almost fall over himself to get them.If you come up w/ Emulator II,mirage,prophet 2000 sounds he likes those too.The best thing is he won't screw you if you come correct.good luck.

Message 4/14             08-Oct-00  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

timeline

yes, recently upgraded to new OS2 on s5, and works splendid. Although, did some rewiring shortly after, accidently wired the i/o midi plugs incorrectly, and sampler crashed hard. Almost shit my pants.. seriously now.

Message 5/14             08-Oct-00  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

Gee

Finally pleased with me akai i.e os 2

Message 6/14             08-Oct-00  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

Gee

Ehh, the s6000 is standard with efx, so what efx are u talking about....

Message 7/14             08-Oct-00  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

nobody

it is NOT standard with FX in north america unless you buy the s6000 studio. wish it was though

Message 8/14             08-Oct-00  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

H

i couldn't get the os off the akai site into my machine so I'm off to call akai.

Message 9/14             09-Oct-00  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

nobody

my experience has been that AKAI USA (ft. worth, texas) were professional-acting folk who didn't have any aversion to their job. kind of a nice change..

oh, and btw, h - i'm really trying to sell it locally. dunno why, i just feel secure doing a face to face, cash for sampler type thing.. and i found a buyer   so i ken get me .krz

Message 10/14             10-Oct-00  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

H

Cool I don't blame you I'd be careful w/ those face to face ones also.A friend in Atlanta got his S1000 stolen at gunpoint after someone called about his add.i guess those rappers were trying to cut out the usual channel ie;rob mini mart-buy sampler-talk about their cars-then go back to moms crib on the bus;)Akai does have great support you can even bitch and yell at them and they just keep their cool.something I think we all should learn.I guess I'll have to hear Matt whine about "why did I get the 5 I should've got the 6.

H

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)