aaa SE-1? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SE-1?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33             20-Oct-00  @  09:53 PM   -   SE-1?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

has anyone seen a picture of these new limited-edition MPC2Ks? I have been thinking of picking one up and if its not butt-ugly than the SE1 might be my choice... not even akai's website has it there, but it was intro'd at AES...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/33             21-Oct-00  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

paint job............makes it sound
better...........

Message 3/33             23-Oct-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

no, its not that, i just dont like things in the plain old drab grey or black. in my studio i use things that both look good and function well, like presonus mic pre's....

Message 4/33             23-Oct-00  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

I just hope this means: a major OS upgrade for the MPC, (that way the promotion looks better, new package w/ new featues ect.. I guess this will all happen before xmas.. still hate the fact that the sampler doesn't have something as standard as a HP..urrr

Message 5/33             24-Oct-00  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

yeah, that does suck... for a machine of that price, you would think there would at least be the traditional 3; hp, lp, bp... but a 12db lowpass? how generic of generic can you get?

Message 6/33             24-Oct-00  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

It's not a sampler.It's a Midi Production Center w/ a drum sampler.Akai shit is not gray or black it's white and I use a finalizer96k for a/d conversion thank you.It's the only black thing in my studio.When I need MIC pres I rent an API lunchbox.I just ordered some Telefunken Line amps to warm things up a bit.I know i should stop using all this cheap gear.Damn I should sell my Broadcast DVCAM and get me one of those Hi 8 thingys.This damn $850 vocoder I got sounds just too much like a real vocoder oh it is a real vocoder.Not gloating guys just lettin Mr.presonus know some folks up here use nice gear too.Presonus stuff is Ugly and it's so consumer.I always buy my gear only if it looks good.I wouldn't want it to sound good or anything.I wouldn't want an SSL, cause it's black and I need a big Blue mIxer

-;) I guess I should sell my G4 and get an Atari(i actually wish I had an atari Falcon )

-;p

Message 7/33             24-Oct-00  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

damn I lied my 777 is black but it's got wood sides so fuck it.

-;) presonus mic pres give me a break....

Message 8/33             24-Oct-00  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

of corse its a drum sampler, we know its not a propper sampler, but comon :.. year 2000, mpc line has been in production since '86 and yet no advancements??? standar shit like hp would b great for hihats, bp nice for perc, lfo modulation on toms ect..I mean seriusly comon:, its a limeted sampler even for a drum sampler!!

Message 9/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

fuck off h, i just wanted pictures of the damn thing, because i'd like to have a piece of equipment that is good but doesnt look like every other bedroom rich kid's christmas toy, i like presonus mic pres because they DO sound nice and I dont have $3000 to blow on a mic pre, they're good value for the $$$ and they do look nice, which im willing to pay a little extra for, i asked a question, you had a smart answer, i explained my reasoning, you had a smart answer, well, thanks for the help, jackass.

Message 10/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

what no advancements come on have you ever seen a LINN 9000 That shit was $5k dude and akai kept Roger Linn busy after LINN folded.It's got individual outs available why don't you get a HPf w/ I/o and run 1 of those w/ your hihats on it.Look the thing is Hyper Advanced as far as i'm concerned and They have no plans to implement said features so if you have one get busy with it.If you don't get one or stop cryin about it.Because IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE A SAMPLER .Go look @ akaipro.com and you will see the MPC listed under phrase samplers if you want a sampler get an S series they are alot cheaper these dayz too.The fz board has eq.What are you talking about anyway with this high pass on the high hats for anyway.It's a sequencer and a drum sampler.It NOW has graphic waveform editing.all sorts of cool live features and shit.High Pass means High frequencies are allowed to go through if you're having trouble w/ your tone of your hats just use an equalizer.It blows anything else out there out of the water for it's intended purpose.If you need a whole bunch of filters get a sampler.Not trying to start mpc wars w/ someone who doesn't even own one so let's just drop it you think it's crap while the rest of the world can forge carreers around it.COOL W/ ME.Don't jump my shit if you feel like i'm jumping yours cause this is directed at the whole world not the last person who posted.I find a nice blend of MPC AND S SERIES covers all your bases sample wise that's all.and you can get a MPC2000XL AND one of the flagship 5/6000 series samplers for less than you could just get the MPC for about 5 yrs. ago.Just look at haow the machines have progressed since 86 and you will understand or maybe you won't but I had no beef w/ Akai other than the OS on the 5000 they fixed my gripes now so it's all good.But there really is no motivation for a company to release a product that competes w/ it's other products when Peeps like myself who use these things as tools and are serious will buy Both a MPC and a 5000 so they don't care and they would be stupid as a corporation to such nonsense as including a full fledged sampler on a SEQUENCER/DRUM MACHINE.seen.

sorry some asshole locally is creating tension for me and you were standing in my way.Nuff respect but buy less shoes/clothes and let your phone get cut off a few times so you can afford a complete kit.Move in your family just use what's available to you instead of pipe dreaming.later.

-;) If you feel you must flame me go ahead by the time I check this I'll be calm and just laugh at you guys but you have to look at the whole picture b4 you can see clearly.bye.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)