aaa Are the effects really worth it?! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Are the effects really worth it?!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             26-Oct-00  @  12:47 PM   -   Are the effects really worth it?!

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I thought about upgrading my MPC with the effects board. Having no idea what the costs would be (was thinking in the range of $200-250), I called my dealer and was corrected to $600. For less ca$h I can buy an external dedicated device (lexicon amongst others.), a Zip drive and additional memory. I'm wondering now if someone can tell me if the MPC's add-on is really worth it.
I'd really like to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance,

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             26-Oct-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

nobody

they are just barely worth having in my 6000, but they do rock for drums soemtimes.. ringmod/distortion into a crappy akai gated reverb, yum.. i don't really know much about the MPC fx.. i dunno. external fx RULE!! as long as they aren't noisy  

Message 3/23             27-Oct-00  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

H

Link?:  No link

it's nice to have for EQ.if you have a lil mixer and the distortions fun.

besides do as many upgrades as you can at the same time cause there are alot of screws on it.Make sure you just screw in four to test it it sucks to screw all 18 or whatever screwz in there and realize you didn't get it plugged in good.Don't push on one side of the ribbon cable it unplugs the other side,and don't touch the transformer OUCH.

Message 4/23             27-Oct-00  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

H

i just noticed you said $600 for the fx card I paid $350 for mine,WTF?

Message 5/23             27-Oct-00  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

Maarten

Fucking dutch distributers! Think it's worth it? I don't know.. really looking at the MPX100 now.

-M-

Message 6/23             28-Oct-00  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

r-tek

I have the card and I prolly wouldn`t have bothered if I had to buy mine again, even tho you get more busses. Buy external. $600? Jesus, even we dont havta pay that much.

Message 7/23             29-Oct-00  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

H

Why is it $600? it's just a small pcb w/ a few chips and a plug.Your gear must have cost you a billion dollars WTF.

feeling sorry for Maarten

That's almost double.I thought about moving over there Thanks for clearing that up.

Message 8/23             30-Oct-00  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

Maarten

Well, I don't feel fucked over my other equipment... MPC cost me about $1300. TB, $800... SH, $350 just to name a few. It's normally not all that bad... The dope is dope so there's your reason to come over here.;)

-M-

Message 9/23             30-Oct-00  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

99devils

And that's fucking cheap as well, so take all that $$$ you save on kind bud and roll on over to A'dam... Wish I could pick up and move there myself.

-Craig

Message 10/23             31-Oct-00  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

h

maarten you speak the truth so well.I'll mail ya.WTF i'm up for anything especially a change of venue.

the dope iz dope.ha ha.you mean it's not repressed baby laxative w/ a lil crap in it?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)