aaa Speed Garage/Drum n Bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             18-May-98  @  09:40 PM   -   Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

t.b

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which is the best synth for those smooth deep sub-bass sounds? Anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             21-May-98  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

hilliard

I've gotten some nice results from an SH-101, a Juno-106, and a new addition to my family......a MIDIMINI. I would say the 106 has gotten the most use so far though (from me).

The SUB OSC on the 106, and also the 101, seems to help out quite a bit. I don't (although I've read it's a popular choice of others) use the 106 in "unison" mode....I just don't like the sound in that mode. The bottom still shakes my building in poly mode.

Message 3/26             02-Jun-98  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

FM!!!!FM!!!!!FM!!!!!!

Message 4/26             12-Jun-98  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

tp

The TX81Z is nice too... You can do some nice bass sounds by using a little programming skill.

Message 5/26             26-Jun-98  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Best bottom end bass stuff with mid range definition I've come across is an old Jen SX1000. lervely, cheap but a bit hard to find.
rich

Message 6/26             26-Jun-98  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

yes, i do hate every one - it's not just you

"drum n bass" is about the biggest shite to ever be thrust on the public. those bass sounds? no sound in your
puny fucking skull? need to emulate something else? god, your'e one fucking sad case pal.

Message 7/26             28-Jun-98  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

kilo

aha...... would you mind leaving the club please sir... this way please... (out of control punter is courteously ejected)

yamaha FM... any analogs... with sub-osc - better....test sine wave sample on tha akai samplers was the one of the originals i think....

Message 8/26             02-Jul-98  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Greenman

I've got a Korg DSS-1 that's a cross between sampling/Analog and FM synthesis...

Raw sine-age FM bass stuff w/ loads of analog filters...you can make your speakers FLAP...

Message 9/26             03-Jul-98  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Jock

Kilo the bouncer ! Wheres your bomber jacket, maglite and headset ?

Message 10/26             16-Jul-98  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

hilliard

Check out the June issue of Future Music. There's an article/interview with RIP ("Ripgroove"), in which they discuss some gear they use for their speed garage bass sounds. Favorites include the DX100 and the Juno-106, as well as sine and square waves from an Akai S3000 and CD3000. You can also spot a TX81Z in a rack of their gear, but they don't have it in their kit list.

In a sidebar interview, they discuss layering the 'Jazz Organ' on the DX100, "with some of the higer tones taken out - which leaves you with a fat warm sub - then you layer that up with whatever... the wah-wah sample or something from the Juno 106."

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)