aaa SH-101 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SH-101

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             13-Feb-00  @  12:05 PM   -   SH-101

R-Tek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK, so I did a bit of wheelerdealing and got meself an Emax 4 50 squid. Now after one friggin week, the Emax has died; Luckily I was canny enuuf 2 buy it from a dealer rather than through the classified, so I can do a swap. As wonderfull as it sounded, I`ve been put off another Emax, so I`m thinking maybe a synth or two cos this guys gotta Sh-101 and MC202 for sale so I could get one of them and get a little bit of credit leftover. I`ve kinda heard varying comments on these pieces from "Its a bassline weapon" to "Its a useless piece of shit" and theres no way I can get 2 try one out b4 I buy it so has anyone got any opinions on these pieces?

Donkey Scones.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             14-Feb-00  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: SH-101

AietaD

R-Tek the Sh-101 I use is a software emulation so that may disqualify me from how the hardware behaves but the sound by all accounts is spot on....I love it and theres nothing soft about its sound.... if you want aggressive in your face bass and brittle bone shattering leads its for you...you probably could tweek out something ambient from it....but from my experience it doesnt really lean that way....hell now that you sort of committed to the dealer unless he/she is willing to give you your money back Id say go for.

Message 3/23             14-Feb-00  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: SH-101

Mastermind

I think the 101/202 gets a lot of times misunderstood on records as being a 303. (Stakker Humanoid? Wink's classic? Aphex Twin's Digderidoo? I could be wrong but aren't those all 101/202s?).
But I found the 101 / 202 to be actually more aggressive and in your face than a 303 and less overused. Hope one day to get one.

Message 4/23             14-Feb-00  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: SH-101

R-Tek

I`m real tempted, I must say cos I love me bass. Hmmmm........Stakker Humanoid and Didjeridoo eh? Think I`ll bite the bullet, if I don`t like it, I can always break it and tell the guy he`s sent me another duffer. Thanks 4 your help, its appreciated.

Message 5/23             14-Feb-00  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: SH-101

k

dont be a complete dick!!!!!.. get them BOTH what the fuck are you waiting for!!! .... jesus.. that 202 is DEADLY man...

Message 6/23             14-Feb-00  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: SH-101

k

saying that assuming you mean both are 50 quid as a substitute for the emax which you said was a bullseye... both for 50 is robbery.. make sure you wear a mask when you go to pick them up... jammy git... but if the emax was fucked maybe those 2 are 2

Message 7/23             15-Feb-00  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: SH-101

R-Tek

Lol. I can appreciate the fact that I can b a little dense sometimes, but not that dense. I bought a W-30 cheap and sold it on 4 a profit when I decided against it, and bought the emax with my profit plus 50 sheet (the emax was 300, which I know is waaayyy too much, but that was the only dealer with one in stock and I didn`t really give a shit cos it`d cost me next 2 nought anyway). The 101 and 202 r 235 and 245 respectively, which is maybe still steep but I still don`t give a shit. Think I`ll go 202.

Message 8/23             17-Feb-00  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: SH-101

Mr_KrZ

I have a Sh101 and it is a real trance goa bassthumper, it squeels and screams with a lil dist on it. But beware, the can be tracking badly and they seem to be hard to fix, mine is a lil bonkers now. check it out!

Message 9/23             17-Feb-00  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: SH-101

R-Tek

I spoke 2 the guy today, and he may b getting a 202 with midi retrofit and extra filter bolted on from a repair place that repossesed it after someone couldn`t pay 4 the repair bill so I`m gonna hold tight and see what happens.

Message 10/23             23-Feb-00  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: SH-101

damballah

Link?:  Link

I've got an SH-101. My very first keyboard. Red one. Bought it new, has never broke. Lost the little handle grip thing, though. Totally fun little mono synth. It's lows can make your woofer cones hop out of their baskets and it's highs are so piercing you can torture your neighbor's dog. Worth more today than I paid for it. If only I would've ended up with the 909 we were using back then, too. Oh well.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)