aaa Pro One: R.I.P. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Pro One: R.I.P.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             15-Jan-01  @  10:28 PM   -   Pro One: R.I.P.

pulaski

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

oh man. what a sad day. i brought my pro one in for maintenance and calibration and now the little beast has fried. seems while they were testing it the power supply blew and then fried the whole board, rendering it useless. i was told that mine was one of the earlier pro-ones that have the transformer mounted right on the circuit board so that when the transformer goes it often takes the whole circuit board down with it. apparently this was a design flaw, one that was changed in later models. anyone heard of this before? it was a reputable shop and i don't smell any rats so i think this was just bad luck. i mean, it prolly would have happened to me shortly after i got it back. i guess these analog boards just don't last forever. it will be missed. sheesh, now i REALLY need a new synth. all i have now is a smapler. donations to "The Pulaski Fund" established to perpetuate the dead synth's memory can be mailed directly to me ;-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             15-Jan-01  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

k

well they fried it, surely they must reimburse you ?

Message 3/16             16-Jan-01  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah..wtf? no fuckin way I would just accept that and go on.

no way man. if something happens to your gear in their possession...jeez

did they even offer you anything?

Message 4/16             16-Jan-01  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

pulaski

well, they offered to reimburse my deposit and then give me money for whatever could still be used for parts. i'm really not sure what to do in this case. what kind of recourse do i have to consumer protection laws? the thing is it is a very old synth and i do believe it prolly happened as a normal course of wear and tear. i mean, it wasn't gonna last forever and there was a design flaw in the piece that makes it prone to such failures. but i'd still like to recoup more money than just my deposit ($50) and prolly like 50 bucks for parts. can anyone suggest a legal, civil course of action to take? i mean, i want to call the guy back and actually have some facts to use in my defense. and i don't want to get into a big ordeal over it with threats and such like. i just want to recoup some more money.

Message 5/16             16-Jan-01  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

GT

imho, a perfect op to win in a small claims court...get a liar, err, lawyer.

if ya lettem off ez, he'll never learn to be more accurate.

Message 6/16             12-Nov-01  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

alien-mbc

Link?:  Link

The individual keys both white and black sell for about 20$ each at wine gate productions--the knobs are valuble too as are the side boards, and frame....
I would not let them keep it in any instance.

And I would sue the crap out of them...good luck.
Why not post the repair shop names so we can avoid them altogether?

http://www.mp3.com/alienmbc for free space/dance music and a link to my graphics etc...

Message 7/16             12-Nov-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

xoxos

Link?: Link

you let someone else tune your pro-one???

Message 8/16             06-Nov-02  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

moonunit

is this "User trim" procedure something you should perform often ? I seem to have difficulty making some of the sounds i used to make when first got it (18 months ago). They don't sound the same, like there's always a bit of "spitting" sort of. sorry i can't really describe it better.

should i try those pots myself, i can't "break" anything right ?

Message 9/16             06-Nov-02  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

xoxos

that's just a tuning procedure.. scale and pitch.. nothing fancy. i do it when it sounds out (there's a worn spot on my b-scale which makes it a bugger to catch.. prolly have to replace the pot) hell those scale pots ought to have big knobs and a little jack for cv control eh?

no clue about the spitting, but you ought to know :p sometimes you have to let those analog patches go.. wouldn't matter if you made plaster casts off the front panel..

Message 10/16             06-Nov-02  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: Pro One: R.I.P.

moonunit

no no no, can't let go, gotta hold...on to the ...patch....... aaarrrgghhh..

i'll give it a try then  

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)