aaa Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             27-Feb-98  @  02:23 PM   -   Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

dm230

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm using the MIDISynth on my AWE 64 Gold soundcard to produce drumloops. Having created
these loops with a MIDI sequencer, I'd then like to turn the loop into a sample so that I can
apply effects, timestretch it etc. I've thought of running the sequencer and a sample editor
simultaneously, running line out to line in and trying to capture the sound. But surely the
soundcard's output is ultimately a single digital signal in itself, which could be turned into a
sample without the need for it to go back into the waveIn plug? ANyone know of any software
that does this?

Cheers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             01-Mar-98  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

rife45

I saw this on a NG this morning, in response to theexact same question, to try using a shareware program such as Wingroove. Said to do a search for it. I don't know if this works but it would be worth a try.

Don

Message 3/12             06-Mar-98  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

djboobookitty

go to the creative mixer and turn on the recording for midi output. then start sampling in whatever program you want, and then start the playback of you midi stuff.

It works, and I do it all the time.

Message 4/12             05-Apr-98  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

branislav

how would you accomplish the same with turtle beach multisound pinnacle card? the way I'm doing it now is to take the analog audio output, and route it to the analog audio input, but i loose on the sound quality in the process. Is there a way to mixdown midi to digital audio, without ever taking the signal out of the digital domain?

Message 5/12             05-Apr-98  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

branislav

tried using WinGroove, works only with General Midi, doesn't recognize the sounds loaded into the sample store.

Message 6/12             19-Apr-98  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

branislav

Thank you Timo Peltonen for attending to my problem so promptly. I happen to have an older version of TBS Pinnacle which can record output from the synth/sampler at a sampling rate of 48KHz only. The reason I couldn't record MIDI output in the wave format before was because I was using the 44.1Khz rate. Customer support at TBS really disappointed me - as usually, they didn't have an answer for this relatively simple question. Thank you Kilo for this wonderful site, it really provides tremendous help with practical matters.

Message 7/12             28-Apr-98  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

astroman96

I've been trying to figure out how to render my midi output to wave as well, useing my DB50XG and Tahiti. Anyone know a good way of doing this? Wingroove is not really much of solution seeing as that all you're doing is replacing your hardware synth with a software synth (right?). So what I've been doing is routing my audio out into my audio in and capturing the midi that way (similar to waht brainslav is doing). This degrades the sound though. Anyone know of a better way of doing this?

Message 8/12             29-Apr-98  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

m010726

Is it possible to render wave files from MIDI internally using something like the SW1000XG? By the way, does anyone know where I could get my hands on one of those cards, or how much they cost?

Message 9/12             06-May-98  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

www2.deiroconsult.ro

Try using Audio Composer, it works, but with the demo version taken from Internet just up to 22050 Hz. Cakewalk must do it to (File\Utilities\Export Audio to Wave), but it didn't work on my demo version. You can try with WaveMaker, but you need PRG's, not SF2 banks.

Message 10/12             06-May-98  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

viromet

Try using Audio Composer, it works, but with the demo version taken from Internet just up to 22050 Hz. Cakewalk must do it to (File\Utilities\Export Audio to Wave), but it didn't work on my demo version. You can try with WaveMaker, but you need PRG's, not SF2 banks.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)