aaa Montego vs. Live! value - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Montego vs. Live! value

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             29-Nov-98  @  10:06 PM   -   Montego vs. Live! value

Jonha

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which would be the one to chose between these two cards?? I know none of them are ace, but they're my kinda money.. So, any suggestions??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             01-Dec-98  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

Well I bought the Montego, and was impressed with how quiet the card was. I 've said it before, and I'll say it again. Forget about Soundblasater products . THESE ARE FOR GAMERS and "musicians" who don't know any better.

Brad (South Africa)

Message 3/12             01-Dec-98  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

Charlie

Yes, they maybe for gamers, but one thing, have you tried the Soundfonts ? Load some clean samples into
the banks , and output it through the Live!, sorry, sounds pretty damn good to me. PS(use good cables- they do make a difference!)

Message 4/12             02-Dec-98  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

Dominique

Is it possible to load Soundfonts on a Montego ?

Dominique (Switzerland)

Message 5/12             02-Dec-98  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

Charlie

I don't think so cuase Soundfonts are part of E-mu technology - not on the Turtle Beach cards

Message 6/12             02-Dec-98  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

the only other card that has ram is the terratec. but i think it's only 4 megs. sb awes= 28 max, sblive=32 mb from Hard disk

Message 7/12             02-Dec-98  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

u can convert sfonts to wav with vienna

Message 8/12             03-Dec-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

Rafael

U can convert, but then you'll loose the formatting stored in the soundfont. Like looping, lfo, envelope or combinig with other wavs.

Rafael

Message 9/12             04-Dec-98  @  05:46 AM   -   Very BAD drivers support from Turtle Beach

baris.eren

I don't know anything about the Montego card BUT own myself a Turtle Beach Tropez. I'm realizing now how BAD the drivers support of Turtle Beach is (e.g. they don't have any drivers for the Tropez card for Windows NT). But maybe they have changed their policy now. Greetings, Baris.

Message 10/12             04-Dec-98  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Montego vs. Live! value

will

I think that soon egghead will write an editor to enable users to load sounds into thier Montego. Its only a matter of time because the montego sounds are only software. They are not stored on ROM at all- so they would be easy to change with .WAVs or whatever. Well it makes sense to me. The card is very clean though and for about 100 squid you cant complain. Forget Soundblaster- get a montego for digital audio or just go and get a cheap sampler.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)