aaa ESI4000 Realtime controls - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI4000 Realtime controls

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             19-Dec-99  @  06:54 PM   -   ESI4000 Realtime controls

lyrebird

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

am encountering a problem where resonance cannot be changed while a sample is playing. ie. the setting before the sample is manintained for the duration of the sample.

any ideas for interaction between realtime controls, and dynamic processing setups.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             26-Dec-99  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

KrazyK

If I am not mistaken the VCF attack time has to be changed as well as release!

Message 3/13             26-Dec-99  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

R-Tek

The filter isn`t realtime though is it? Maybe I`m wrong, I dunno.

Message 4/13             30-Dec-99  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

lyrebird

apparently the filter is realtime...so the manual claims,...

I'll try the VCF attack technique, though my realtime cutoff controllers work fine

Message 5/13             27-Jan-00  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

Tang

Q which equates to resonance in many sounds, cannot be changed except at note on in the ESI-4000.

Its definately a gotcha!

Message 6/13             30-Jan-00  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

jondl

This is the same limitation my old Emax II had but my ASR-X does not suffer from it.

Does anybody know if the ESI2K or ESI4K (or Ultra 5K for that matter) have the same limitation?

thanks in advance,
jondl

Message 7/13             18-Feb-00  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

t

the esi2k has the same limitations.

Message 8/13             06-Mar-00  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

lyrebird

what about the e64k etc

Message 9/13             01-Apr-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

You guys gotta be shittin me. Emu humped you all in the ass that hard? Come on. There's gotta be some way to adjust the cutoff while it's playing, setiing modwheel to controll x then assigning it as the ource for cuttoff modulation or something, right? Possibly? My buddy's got one and is wondering. Please help. Tanx.

Ape

Message 10/13             01-Apr-00  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 Realtime controls

R-Tek

bit of a late answer, but the e64s filters r most definately realtime.

Dunno bout the 4/2k though Pongoid, if it was realtime, then yeah, obviously its gonna b source===>modwhell,Destination======>Filter Freq., or however the esis do that in dynamic processing. What may b going on though is the people that cant geddit 2 work realtime r using the emus datawheel 2 try and do the sweep which aint a realtime controller on the e64s so I`m sure it aint gonna b on the Esis.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)