aaa EOS ADSR and cords - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS ADSR and cords

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             08-Oct-00  @  09:24 AM   -   EOS ADSR and cords

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

yes. Ive read the fuckin manual. many times, as if it were Visions Of Cody or some shit, but I STILL cant get my E4 to do some of the things I want it to do.

OK..first..envelopes..amp or filter..doesnt matter. When I had the ESI it was simple ADHSR. you set the time for each and the result was immediate.

EOS...its got the level and amount, two attacks, two decays, etc, and the damn sound never comes out like I mean it to. If I happen across it its by chance. I UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO ASSIGN ENV TO SOMETHING IN CORDS SO DONT TRY TO MAKE FUN OF ME...but...

so that brings me to the cords part.

say Im using like..velo to amp volume. What do the different settings actually do? Theres the three deals..the +, <, and that "~" and I honestly dont quite understand.

Ive told myself that I knew how to use this sampler, but Ive avoided these things sometimes because I didnt understand, and the manual just doesnt cut it, so..anyone?

wonder if Ill get any responses in here.

also..sometimes..say again velo to amp...doesnt do SHIT. Am I missing something? Im starting to suspect there is something wrong with my sampler...?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             08-Oct-00  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

Link?:  No link

ummm, llmme see, I`m not sure if I`m gonna be much help. "+" denoted positive going only, "<" is negative going only and "~" is free running so it`ll go both positive and negative - that the *theory*, at least, I`ve never really dug into the realworld differences on em, mebbe I should. For the velocity to amp thing - surely that set as default in the cords? The first cord shoud go, Vel< =======> AmpVol...+24%. You havta set a mod depth on certain parameter to get any results - positive fro velocity, negatvie for lopass filters, postive for hipass filters and stuff like that. The envelope is maybe because you need to increase the rate a lot more than you are - it goes from very short to bloody long so its possible you`re just not setting it to a long enough time. Mebbe try just using it as an adr envelope to get a handle on things to begin with and ignore the atl2, dcy2 and rls2 for the time being. Oh, and hit the fixed softkey cos it`ll show you the envelope in scale as opposed to just cramming it all in the same screen regardless of how the envelope actually looks.

Message 3/19             10-Oct-00  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

fuck dude. hit enter some times.

i still dont understand about the +<~ deal, but fuck it. Ill figure it out.

thanks for the response, tho. guess not that many others use the EOS.

I actually went back through the manual and discovered that (duh) the Amp env is corded to amp automatically..

Message 4/19             10-Oct-00  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

phunkytek

I found that in the lfo/aux section ,setting the aux emvelop's rls2 to a -100% ,and in the chords section ,the midi E to VEnvRls and that amount to -100%. I am able to adjust the release of the sample with what ever controler is set to midi e in the master section. Havn't gotten attack to work. I wish the manual walked you through setting your presets up to respond like any other midi synth. I e-mailed emu and got no responce. They only respond to easy questions. I want to know what chords destination affect what envelop parameters and how to set the amounts in the envelops section to corespond to the chords section, and + ~ < things do exactly.

Message 5/19             11-Oct-00  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

the manual is a little light on that shit, huh?

well. Im restructuring my gear right now, but when I get it all set up Im gonna really dive into the E4 so we can have a big ol talk then, k?

Message 6/19             11-Oct-00  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

is

this

ok?

?

I think that the < - ~ is to to with the mod depth so if you have a controller assigned to it, it wont go negative or whatever unless you want it to.

whatever

Message 7/19             13-Oct-00  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

hehe. dude I was kidding  hope youre not goin H on me

Message 8/19             14-Oct-00  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

well...I feel more friends with that bitch now.

funny...there have been days when the velo to amp didnt even WORK? I think I better send this bitch in for warranty work. but they take so LONG and and and and.

hehe. almost done with a new track. Rtek I think youd like it. E4 and virus what a team!

Message 9/19             14-Oct-00  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

lemme hear it then meester influx please sir. e4 and virus makes a bit of a sonic mothership IMO, I`m not sure if I wanna go down the virus route tho. I wouldn`t ever sell the e4 now , I played on the Yams and well......each to their own I suppose, the efx are nice but that was all I liked about it and those knobs are fucked, they seem so damn sluggish.

The velocity dont always work? What OS are you running? Bizarre.

Message 10/19             16-Oct-00  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

4.01, but I have some other funny things goin on too...like double triggering buttons and stuff.

sure not complaining tho...it is a nice machine for sure.

now..with the envelopes...if I just use Attack1, Decay1, etc..and ignore the second...then its just a simple envelope?

thing is...on my old ESI4000...it was Attack, HOLD, DSR...and I really liked using that feature..so...any idea how I can emulate that? Have it hold at a certain point for the allotted time?

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)