aaa EOS 4.5? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS 4.5?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             31-Oct-00  @  12:32 AM   -   EOS 4.5?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

will EOS 4.5 be available for older Ultra series samplers, or just the Platinum? Will it cost anything or a free download? what features does it have (if any, I dont know if its just an update to run the RFX card)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             31-Oct-00  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

influx

Link?:  Link

Platinum?

what the fuck is that?

Message 3/11             31-Oct-00  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Yes, EOS 4.5 will be available for the older Ultra samplers. I don't know if they'll offer a "Classic" version for non-Ultras. I suspect that 4.5 may require the RFX card but I'm unsure (before you guys get yourselves in a knot, let's wait and see before speculating).

I suspect that, if EOS 4.5 does not require the RFX card, that Emu will still charge a fee (depending on what new things have been added).

BTW, influx, the Platinum is E-mu's new flagship sampler. It is really an EOS sampler with all of the options including the RFX card and polyphony card. It is going to cost $$$$ (mucho), but you won't need to upgrade it whatsoever. It also comes with 20 CD Roms too. There is more info at E-mu's site under the What's New section.

HTH,
fv

Message 4/11             31-Oct-00  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

scrotalsack

not that im going to buy one, im quite happy with my 6400 ultra, but doesnt it seem like the platinum has a different screen than the rest of them? that would be nice if they could make it with adjustable brightness... if you're in a dark room and you stare at those screens they can make your eyes hurt.

Message 5/11             01-Nov-00  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

phunkytek

brightness would be nice to add to the misc screen under contrast.
I intend to get a rfx card and eos 4.5. I think I'm going to sell my e-6400 and buy the e4ultra and the card. I was going to get a some outbuard fx and another yamaha o1v, but I think getting an ultra and the rfx should give me all the mixing control an fx I needed. It really wont be anymore expensive either. I found a e4ultra 128voice at 8thstreet for $2700.00 I need to get a $1000 for my e-6400. It has the fx card ,66mb ram, and a HD. I would upgrade, but evan though the price of the ultra samplers has come waay down the upgrade has'nt changed.

Message 6/11             02-Nov-00  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

influx

Link?:  Link

too rich for my blood. good ol E4 does SO much that Im done. gonna learn that thing and do with it till I SELL LOTS OF RECORDS;)

Message 7/11             02-Nov-00  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

r-tek

I NEEEEEEEEEED the rfx. Well, not need, but I want it baaaaaaad. My extra outs should finally arrive today, yee-haw.

Message 8/11             03-Nov-00  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Hi r-tek,

In case any of you have not looked on the E-mu website lately. If you navigate your browser to Products, then Samplers, there is a link to some info on the RFX card. As well, you can download a .pdf document which is the manual on using the RFX-32 card.

For anyone dying to get this card, it should be in stores very soon I would guess.

fv

Message 9/11             03-Nov-00  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Since EOS 4.5 is required to use the RFX-32 card, that'll mean that EOS 4.5 is going to be out very, very soon.

fv

Message 10/11             10-Nov-00  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

Ali

going thru the manual..this thing looks awesome and i thought the a5000 had answered my prayers the only reason i choose the a5000 was because of the dual send per sample and now i read this fucking thing has 4 of em and better yet u can modulate them in real time...what i dont seem to understand is u can assing only one rfx bus to one pair of outs so this way u cant use more than 4 bus if u dont have expanded outs...in the yammy u can assign all the efx out to the same out or whatever u desire...i am definately missing something ehre.....anyways its time to sell my old e4xt and time for the ULTRA
anyone wants to buy a e4xt????????

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)