aaa Add dirty, "vinyl" noise to a sample? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Add dirty, "vinyl" noise to a sample?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             09-Aug-99  @  05:27 PM   -   Add dirty,

coby

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is there a Windows program that will add a "vinyl" or some other kind of lo-fi, dirty, nastiness quality to a sample?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             10-Aug-99  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: Add dirty,

volley

Link?:  No link

Yes, there is, but dang I've lost the name at the moment.. It costs money, but if that's ok, ask me again, and I'll try to get back to you.

Simple sample editors, like Syntrillium's (www.syntrillium.com) Cool Edit can be used to create some kinds of lo-fi-ness. For example, lower the bit quality to 8 bits, and then up it to 16 again. Perhaps slight distortion will do the trick. Play around!

You can also sample a vinyl player playing in between two tracks, and overlay that on your sample.

Message 3/12             20-Aug-99  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Add dirty,

roller8

I think the software you are thinking of is made by Fusion? I think it's called Fusion Vinyl.... Not sure but I messed with a demo once a long time ago and it worked pretty well. It had presets like "Disco Vinyl", "Warped 45", and "Grandma's ?" Something or other.

Message 4/12             22-Aug-99  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: Add dirty,

k

guys guys.... just get a vinyl out of whatever age you want (sratchy-scruffy-quality factor) go to a psace between tracks, or at the run-out and sample/record to pc that, then loop in it... a mate came round yesterday with his lappy, and it had a real old scratch loop on it, and he told me it was done like that works fine... combine that with eq mid boost top cut soprta thing.. round it off

Message 5/12             22-Aug-99  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Add dirty,

coby

Hey, everyone, thanks for the response; all had good ideas.
Now what do I do if I have no turntable? (I'm not a dj, I'm just some loser trying to make noise with my computer) Maybe someone could upload a generic-use vinyl noise sample?
Thanks again

Message 6/12             08-Sep-99  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: Add dirty,

troels

Get an old jazz-cd, that hasn't been digitally remastered ...
else i believe the VST-plugin called grungelizer is freeware ??? (it does it + a little more)

Message 7/12             13-Sep-99  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Add dirty,

adricky

Anyone knows of sofware that can remove vinyl hiss from recordings.

Message 8/12             14-Sep-99  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: Add dirty,

k

de-clicker.... ?

Message 9/12             21-Sep-99  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Add dirty,

nobody

Link?:  Link

i read about some s/w to clean up recordings at soundsonline.com, don't think it was de-clicker, but not sure am i either dost thou see?

Message 10/12             22-Sep-99  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Add dirty, ... or remove it

claus

Link?: Link

Steinberg's Clean! seems to be a good and cheap piece of software. The probably best one is DartPro (check www.tracertek.com for reference). The same company has a series of different apps in different price ranges that do the same.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)