aaa Which motherboard for audio PC? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Which motherboard for audio PC?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/37             30-Jul-00  @  11:33 AM   -   Which motherboard for audio PC?

emergencyone

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone recommend a board with a 133MHz front side bus, six PCI slots, 1GIG max ram or higher and Ultra Wide SCSI? I've looked at the Intel SE440BX just because it's compatible, but I'd like something more expandable and powerful...

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/37             30-Jul-00  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

sitar

Link?: Link

Have a look at ASUS motherboards? I just picked one up. 6pci slots, 133Mhz, don't know about the scsi. There's the link to their website.

Message 3/37             30-Jul-00  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

sitar

Sorry. I've been reading (to the best of my ability) the German site.

Message 4/37             30-Jul-00  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

julian cope

Which chipset was it based on? The only Asus boards that had 133MHz front side buses were VIA's. Aren't they supposed to be problematic?

Message 5/37             30-Jul-00  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

sitar

Link?:  Link

I hope not. I can't remember the name of the particular board I got. I'm at work. It's new so it might be a an Intel 815E chipset or 810/810E. What sort of problems should I look for and hopefully not find?

Message 6/37             31-Jul-00  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

99devils

I've heard good things about the ABIT BE6 boards.

-Craig

Message 7/37             31-Jul-00  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

k

interestingly the hoontech guys warned against 820 chipsets - and look what i found also at egosys website - they also list stuff about that chipset

Message 8/37             01-Aug-00  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

Jasper

the early via (133) chipsets were a bit crap.. well in my experience. but they improved the actual speed of the memory bus by about 50% with the 133A chipset.

Message 9/37             01-Aug-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

Breakerbox

ASUS k7V. thats what you need, it has the new via chipset, plus you can overclock it from the bios.

Message 10/37             03-Aug-00  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: Which motherboard for audio PC?

Breakerbox

not that you would 

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)