aaa an interesting thing with vst - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: an interesting thing with vst

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             24-Sep-98  @  07:26 PM   -   an interesting thing with vst

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, i had to re-install the original IE 3 the other day... opened vst as a joke today (!!)... and it so far has run for 2 hours without crashing.... hmmm.... wondering what goodies were altered when EI3 was re-installed.... weird !!....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             25-Sep-98  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

Clemens

..... couldnīt it be that some Active Movie (Direct X) drivers were reinstalled..........

Message 3/15             26-Sep-98  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

kilo

well, next day it started again...screen freeze every 15 minutes or so... i wanna try it with some other audio cards....

Message 4/15             26-Sep-98  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

Clemens

..... what audio card did you use?

Message 5/15             27-Sep-98  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

kilo

STill the tahiti... i wanna try it with a sb16.... it has to work with that... i'll try to borrow a few.. if it does it all of them, i might think it is the motherboard ... see the graphics card shares the same irq as the pci to isa buss bridge.. (it's one of those m'boards that does not recognise usb and the bridges and has to have drivers installed cos the chipset doesnt recognise.... THAT is most likely the prob... wonder how it'd go with a new p2 BX set.... maybe it's the graphics locking?... wierd how with absolutely NO changes it works for hours one day, then crashes each 10 minutes the next....

Message 6/15             26-Oct-98  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

rob

I am interested in this problem, because I am having something similar happen in my system. I am using a BX chipset with a TBS Montego ADXStream PCI card. I am working with a 29 audio track piece, and things really blow up when I try adding EQ. I have 128Mb of RAM and a 300 MHz Intel Pentium II processor. I have a 4.3Gb dedicated hard drive.

I have put it down to a lack of system resources, although the Steinberg Performance Monitor hardly flickers during playback. The Windows Resource Monitor shows the CPU between 32% and 66% utilized, but after the GPF the CPU max's out at 100% (constant no matter what happens to the system). Memory is not a problem, with about 24Mb free while the song is running.

Message 7/15             27-Oct-98  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

stevie51

Whats going on ? too many people are having outragious
problems running music software in general, mac or pc.
Im running vst 3.5 on my 300mmx 64megsdram bla bla and
it just wont run tight also an incredible delay when monitoring input any ideas?

Message 8/15             27-Oct-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

stevieo51

correct email for above

Message 9/15             28-Oct-98  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

AudioPro21

If you are talking about the meter delay, there is no problem, Latency is something that just happens with almost any program. It even happens with the 10,000$ Pro-Tools system I use at school. About VST not runnig, you should be a little more specific if you want any help!!!

Message 10/15             28-Oct-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: an interesting thing with vst

kilo

get logic... and live again !!....praise the lord !!... er...

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)