aaa VST3.6 is there - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST3.6 is there

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             02-Nov-98  @  10:33 AM   -   VST3.6 is there

melon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just downloaded the VST3.6 update from the Steinberg web site. Trying it out tonight. Its only 203k!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             03-Nov-98  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

naisca

Well... im searching for "CUBASE VST V.3.7 " I use to make some litles things like remixes in Fastracker 2, but now i havesome more things to controle that the FT2 canīt like audio tracks... midi and wav files...

Message 3/18             03-Nov-98  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

Kelaperse

Yeah.. keep searching.. must be a good hobby.

I updated my VST3.55 to 3.6 too. At least it seems to have 8 effect sends instead of 4 as a new feature. There's a better equaliser too.. +/-24db. The old one was +/- 12db.

At first I was happy to notice that the update-file to download was only 'bout 200k's. When I ran it opened a connection to the internet and continued downloading for about 20 minutes (with my 33.6 modem).

Message 4/18             03-Nov-98  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

rob

Nice of them to do the update using the Microsoft IE method (dripping with sarcasm). I have a kick ass system dedicated to working with VST, so I have no intention of installing a modem and loading all of the Win95 networking baggage just so I can get a stinking update. Any idea when (or if) 3.6 will be available as a full downloadable patch?

Message 5/18             04-Nov-98  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

Kelaperse

Yeah.. I think this method sucks big time. What if I have to re-install VST some sunny day. Wouldn't be a surprise, would it? I would have to download the shit all over again. No way to back up the updated files for possible re-install I guess...

Message 6/18             04-Nov-98  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

kilo

well simply send off to your area distributor for the files then....surely... (and DONT call me Shirley !!)..... they must be available outside the web ??!!

Message 7/18             04-Nov-98  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

melon

I got a letter from Steinberg yesterday together with an order form for the update CD-ROM. Funny, you have to order it even though it's free. Last time (3.55, I think) the CD arrived at my house "automatically". Another thing, Kelaperse, I wonder if Steinberg now know the entire contents of your hard disk(s).

Message 8/18             04-Nov-98  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

rob

Actually succeeded in finding the full files on the Steinberg FTP site. The location is ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/dist/product updates/windows/cubase/v360/patch

The files range in size from 14Mb to 7Mb depeding on the version being run. I got the location from the Steinberg Canada web page.

Message 9/18             05-Nov-98  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

Kelaperse

Hey Kilo.. of course we're calling you Shirley because you are a traitor. First you put up a great vst-chat and then you start to use it for advertising some stinking logic-audio.

This kind of behaviour really doesn't leave us a choice, does it? I'm sure there must be some big problems lying under your new Logic-system just waiting to pop up! You just seem to be too happy. We're fucking Windows users, remember, and we're not suppose to be happy.

Now all together.. let's sing to forget this pain..

Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen

Chorus:
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen;
Nobody knows my sorrow.
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen;
Glory, Hallelujah!

(Repeat chorus)

Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down;
Oh, yes, Lord.
Sometimes I'm almost to the groun',
Oh, yes, Lord.

(Chorus)

I wish that I could find a way;
Oh, yes, Lord,
But life is just one long, rainy day;
Oh, yes, Lord.

(Chorus)
Glory, Hallelujah!

Message 10/18             09-Nov-98  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: VST3.6 is there

kilo

yeah well, there'll be a Logic forum soon & a Cakewalk one..... just trying to add some useful info as alot of newbies read these forums yet never post and they get ideas about things,,,, so I'm just balancing things by MY experience and that of the MAJORITY of the VST users (registered or otherwise) that i know or know of who have problems....plus... in case you didnt notice, this is dancetech... and there is 100% no doubt in my mind that for techno-TV ad music maybe vst with rebirth is a goodie.. but for dance, SOLID clock & Logic's protocol with patterns & audio wins hands down... for me

whoops... i did it again !!....

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)