aaa Rebirth in VST (newbee question) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             23-Aug-00  @  05:35 AM   -   Rebirth and Cubase VST 5 (newbee question)

d.strooisma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I mananged to get rebirth 2.01 work in VST with rewire, but it seems that i have to make patterns in Rebirth, and those patterns play along with the rest of the track in Cubase.
Isn't there a option to use the Rebirth sounds in a Midi track?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             23-Aug-00  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

k

you can sequence the rebirth with midi notes.. you have to set rebirth up to accept notes, and all that, and set an internal midi link/driver to link vst & rebirth inside the PC... but honestly, i never tried rebirth triggered by midi, AND running thru Rewire. perhaps it is NOT possible.. i'll try it tonight.

Message 3/13             23-Aug-00  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

Point Being

kilo, are you saying that like i could trigger rebirth from cakewalk if i say went like this kewalk out to hubi port 1, use loopback cable to connect LB1 to LB2 then selected LB2 as the input port for rebirth?

Message 4/13             23-Aug-00  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

d.strooisma

thanx k, well i don't know exactly how that link-stuff works, but if you get manage to let it work, i'll try it too (and with a little help?!)  

Message 5/13             23-Aug-00  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

phunkytek

You can't trigger Rebirth with midi, only program the notes of the steps useing a controler keyboard, or change and arrange patterns using a controller or the computer's keyboard. There are utilities for converting midi files to rebirth format, or maybe it was rebirth to midi. I saw it for download somewhere, but it was a long time ago. E-mail propellorheads.

Message 6/13             23-Aug-00  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

Point Being

oh, if you cant trigger it via midi, then that blows

Message 7/13             24-Aug-00  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

d.strooisma

well too bad.....

thanx for you help

Message 8/13             24-Aug-00  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

d.strooisma

(my replie was gone)

Too bad that it doesn't work that way.
Thanx for the help

Message 9/13             24-Aug-00  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

d.strooisma

(my replie was gone)

Too bad that it doesn't work that way.
Thanx for the help

Message 10/13             24-Aug-00  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Rebirth in VST (newbee question)

k

yes you can trigger rebirth with notes:

kilo, are you saying that like i could trigger rebirth from cakewalk if i say went like this kewalk out to hubi port 1, use loopback cable to connect LB1 to LB2 then selected LB2 as the input port for rebirth?

yes, but i'd just set the VST out port to LB1, and the Rebirth IN port i'd select as LB1 also -

what i DON'T know until i try it, is wether you can run rebirth like this AND also integrate the audio out with Rewire... i have to try that - anyone know ?.. but yes 100% you can trigger with midi notes

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)