aaa any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-Apr-00  @  07:33 PM   -   any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

trance

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone have any tips on how to beef up the synth sounds because most of them are very cheesey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             08-Apr-00  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

bb

ya i would love to know to!

Message 3/12             09-Apr-00  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Defector Z

Check the Music Tech forum, Trance asked the same question twice there (on the same day? confused why one post wasn't enough) and there were a few answers.

Message 4/12             11-Apr-00  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Positronica

Its hard to get a good, clean mix out of the RM1x. The sound gets muddy real fast as you start to add more tracks. If you have other modules, I'd suggest you use them for as many sounds as possible, and use the RM1x's tone generator sparingly. Don't go overboard with the RM1x's reverb, and make sure you don't have all your tracks turned up too loud. The ouput can clip if your mix is too hot. If you have enough voices free, try putting some of your tracks into unison mode to thicken up the sound. Unison mode can also be useful on some of the kicks for creating a more punchy bass drum. If you have free tracks, you can try having two tacks play the same part at the same time, but with differnet voices. You can also try panning your tracks into various positions, so that the outputs arn't being driven as hard. Also, take the time to add various types of modulation to your tracks. The RM1x's LFO is pretty much useless, so you'll probably have to do all your modulation by hand with the knobs. Sublte changes throughout a track will make your mix seem more animated. You should also use longer patterns when possible. Most of my loops are 32 measures in length. This gives plenty of room for modulation and variation.

---
Positronica

Message 5/12             14-Apr-00  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

;

SMASH IT TO THE MOTHER FUCKIN FLOOR!
SORRY BUT I GOT ONE AND IT SOUNDS LIKE
SHIT!

Message 6/12             01-May-00  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

fuckyou.com

Hey jack-ass that said smash it to the floor. You check out the seq.on the RM1x. Yes contrary popular opinion knowing how to seq. is more important than the sound. It sounds great if you know how to use it. Do you make Trance or some bullshit like that, do you need a little arpeggio help in your music. Don't know what a scale note is. You should get a Roland "add water poof techno box", it has a little d-beam that should keep any RETARDS attention. Can you say 480 b.p.q. smart guy.

Message 7/12             02-May-00  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

component_1

Guitar synth peddle. Sounds-insane. Very cheap solution. Or for the expensive solution-Waldorf 4pole or the *Sherman* filter bank.

Message 8/12             19-May-00  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

slickqd

Link?:  Link

Well, here is my concept of the rm1x, i just bought mine three months ago. before i go farther, i also own a mc-303, and after much research i decided to buy the RM1x,...and i guess i got so used to the mc-303, it was hard for me to change modes. However, the rm1x offers much much much option than the mc-505, i know that...i did alot of research on this subject. The only good thing about the mc-505 is the concept of the d-beam which i think is the dumbest thing ever made. the concept is neat, however....who cares....you want to make music, not show your friends that any retard can wave his hand over the beam and make noise. I am still trying to learn the rm1x, and trying to figure out other ways of emulating the arpegiator that the mc-303 has on the rm1x....peace

Message 9/12             21-May-00  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Defector Z

I own an RM1X - and considered the 505 but ruled it out for price reasons.

Slickgd - I kinda liked the d-beam. I had a ton of fun with it and would definitely use if I had it. Great idea, IMO. (respectfully)

Message 10/12             16-Jun-00  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

spongjahlive

try adding unison to bass sounds, chorus also helps. The amp simulator is sweet for dirtying things up and for distorted basslines. To Thicken the sounds on lighter noises, use the harmoniser feature, and you could even try detuning it a bit.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)