aaa Breaks - Sox - check it - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Breaks - Sox - check it

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             04-Nov-99  @  12:09 PM   -   Breaks - Sox - check it

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok sox, how about we get together and record some breaks, and put 'em up on the server -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             04-Nov-99  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

sox

Link?:  Link

I'm up for it. Best times for me are Saturdays after 4 or alternative Sundays 1:30-4:30 (my missus does reception for an all-women's jazz band at CM on the Sun's.)

Did you want to do MIDI breaks or wav's? We can do both easily enough.
Bring your floppy ;)

Message 3/11             05-Nov-99  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

k

bring a JAZ more like - wavs - loops

Message 4/11             05-Nov-99  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

sox

Yeah, I can play jazz as well :>

Message 5/11             05-Nov-99  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

deepest red

I've put ads up all over surrounding towns, made phone calls and emails all over the place, begged, pleaded and scrounged to find others to make electronic dance music with and gotten nothing more than unenthused no do-ers. You guys suck.

Message 6/11             06-Nov-99  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

sox

Yeah, I had the same problem. That's why I left North America.

Message 7/11             25-Nov-99  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

fresh

You guys going to post some samples soon?

Message 8/11             26-Nov-99  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

sox

Link?: Link

Yeah. I'm just waitin' for Kilo to sort out a couple of things so he's got the time.

Message 9/11             26-Nov-99  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

who is this funky kat?

Well bobby you ought to know who I am, I wonder how long it'll take you to figure it out? With my superior drum programming skills it should be easy HA HA HA HA - I vill rule ze world and destroy you all vith my stupid trans european accent HA HA HA
Hey maybe I post some samples soon too

Message 10/11             27-Nov-99  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Breaks - Sox - check it

sox

File?:  File

Samba.mid

Hi Funky Cat (aka Tom). Welcome to Dancetech.

I don't know about your groove though. Interesting, but not samba   Sort of a Soca crossed with a 3-2 clave.
I've included a Samba MIDI file so that the rhythmically challenged out there in cyberspace don't get the wrong idea.

Keep up the good work though. The more us drummers post on the site the more respect we'll get for what we do (maybe).

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)