aaa Ibiza House Beats - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Ibiza House Beats

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             10-Nov-99  @  01:12 PM   -   Ibiza House Beats

tpeppers

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone familiar with any of the Ibiza compilations out there? I have a few and I'm addicted, largely because of the fact that every house tune really swings in a way that I've been unable to emulate. I've figured out some of their tricks--such as accenting the bass on the offbeat--but there's definitely stuff I'm missing here. Anyone out there familiar with Ibiza house beats who could give me a couple of tips to help reproduce that Ibiza sound?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             11-Nov-99  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

stephenb

Well I've heard it all now. The Ibiza compilations, from what I've heard on tv ads, are full of commercial house and anything that barely resembles dance music, and just happened to be a hit during the summer.

Maybe a few of them have some good tracks hidden in there, but it ain't an Ibiza sound, it's a house sound!

Try listening to some MAW, Murk, St Germain... and albums like Super Discount, Motorbass etc. for some very cool house beats.

Don't mean to slag you, just the whole Ibiza thing pisses me off!

Message 3/13             11-Nov-99  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

tpeppers

Yeah, StephenB, I know what you mean--a lot of the tracks are just commercial garbage. I prefer instrumental house, and a lot of the Ibiza's loaded with cheesy vocals that I don't appreciate. But depending on the compiliation, the ratio of garbage to greats varies drastically. I got this one Ibiza comp (actually the 1st Ibiza I'd ever purchased) in the UK and it's my favorite album I ever bought--all the tracks are groovin, but it's the non-repetitious aspect of it that really excites me. It's like every song changes around so much, and is so well mixed that it really keeps your attention. You don't have to be trippin' on the dance floor to appreciate it--I usually listen while driving. You don't run into non-repetitious house like that in the U.S. very often, although I'll have to give your recommendations a shot if you think they'll hold my sober attention. Anyway, there's just some kinda feel that all the great Ibiza tunes have to them that I've been unable to recreate. It's so obvious that I could easily tell an Ibiza tune from another type of house, yet it's so hard to put into words that I can't even describe it right. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of swing they pump into their beats, accented bass on the offbeat, and sweeping synths that seem to follow the same swing pattern as the high hats. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?

Message 4/13             11-Nov-99  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

Yeah TPepp, right on with what you sayin! I got few of those IBIZAs in the drive and they be shufflin round the house...by sweepin the synths from low velocity on the odd beats to max vel. on the evens, along w/ lowpass to highpass filter, some of those tracks play nice. IBIZA IBIZA IBIZA I'm going to IBIZA!!!!

Message 5/13             12-Nov-99  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

stephenb

Aaaaarrghhhh!!!

Message 6/13             12-Nov-99  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

erikd

Relax, Steph, we're all here to have a good time...Why don't you just sit back, pop open a Bud and mellow out to a few Ibiza grooves!!!!

Message 7/13             12-Nov-99  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

k

Link?: Link

you mean this sorta beat - (ruff mix)

Message 8/13             12-Nov-99  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

k

File?:  File

ibiza-mid.mid

heres the file for it - there is also a subass but i only added the main notes not the skip beats.. it's a kinda basis for layers you can see... with the bottom sub re-enforcing the skip of the pattern as does that little skip clap and the slightest swing

Message 9/13             13-Nov-99  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

Yeah, that's a pretty ill beat. Now if you could sweep a really cloudy synth to follow a 1/4 note shuffle, and I hear a fattie walking bass in there too...I'm gonna sample this and throw some stuff over it--I'll repost it later in the day...

Message 10/13             14-Nov-99  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Ibiza House Beats

John

Link?: Link

File?:  File

Hb125.mid

Here's one.....

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)